9/??/2007 N/A Off-Network Premiere on FX

admin

Retired Administrator
9/??/2007
spacer.gif
N/A
spacer.gif
Off-Network Premiere on FX

This is a quote from the futon critic. Will this mean that FX will gain the rights to all Malcolm in the Middle Seasons, and that will be the end of MITM, or does this mean that FX will be the creator and shower of MITM from now on. I know that FX isn't quite a seperate network but a different channel run by the Murdoch empire. Scrubs has moved from NBC to Comedy Central to keep it running, maybe MITM is on the move....

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I'm not sure I understand the title--where's the quote and what's the N/A for? :confused: That aside, I know that FX has rights to a ton of Fox shows, but they only show repeats, no new ones. So most likely they will be taking over MITM after it ends this season and showing the repeats like they have done for other Fox shows in the past. That would be great if we could go into a season 8 on FX though. But then again, I'd rather see MITM end on a high note than for them to move it to another network where it will most likely die slowly.

reese35

Let's just cross our fingers and hope they'll show the episodes in their entirety, not like the way 20th TV treats it now. And it would be a treat if FX shows the extended pilot.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
FX bought the rights to the show beginning in 2007 at the same time it was originally released for syndication last year. It doesn't matter whether it goes into an eighth season or not; FX would start by just showing the first seven seasons and showing subsequent seasons when they're done on Fox, like syndication does now. FX won't show new episodes, because it's mainly daytime--not worth the budget. :)

AlexTheMartian

FX Networks = Fox Extended Networks. It is part of the Fox Entertainment Group. That is the reason they show Fox shows, it is not just some coincidence