The Chappelle Show

Wemboy

I'm always looking for new ways to blow cash on stuff i don't need, so i thought i could but some dvds see. And i heard that this show sold very well on dvd, i also watched a trailer for it on one of my South Park dvds, and it looked quite good. Just wondered if any of you American members had watched the show? If so is it funny? worth buying? It's not been on in the UK as far as i know, but i wouldn't mind seeing them if it's gonna be worth my while. Any thoughts?

P.S. I know it's kind of an adult show, but i'm not easily offended so dont worry about that!

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I watched it here in Germany a couple of times and the show is really amazing, i love it. If you like South park you are likely to like that show, too.

Wemboy

Well thanks for the comments Dabney. The show obviously isn't that popular with the members of this forum, but nevermind. Weird how they showed it in Germany but not the UK. Anyway, if it's anything like as funny as South Park then it must be good, maybe i'll stick the dvds on my christmas list!:)

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Yes, but it was shown on MTV Germany, not on a, hmm, "normal" channel. Didn't know there were dvds, by the way. Thanks for the info. Might be interesting as soon as i have some money to spend... :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Better not bring your kids!!! Anyway, yes, its very funny! My favorite episode was from season one, when Chappelle played a blind black white supremisist. Great episode! I also loved the sketch where Chappelle went to visit a sick kid at a hospital and played the game "Street Hoops" with him. The kid started to beat Chappelle, so Chappelle goes beserk and starts whipping the kids ass at the game, then proceeds to go "In your face, Billy! In your face!" Very funny episode as well!