Do you believe in ghosts?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
The tiki lounge has been pretty dead the last few days so I thought I’d try to get the discussion going. :D This probably should have been posted three weeks ago in time for Halloween, but oh well. Watching that new show “Ghost Whisperer” got me thinking. I was wondering if anyone here has ever seen a ghost or had any other kind of paranormal experience (i.e. clairvoyance, ESP, etc.) Do you even believe in that kind of stuff?

I’ve never experienced anything myself, but one of my friends claims his house is haunted. Doors open and shut by themselves, they hear footsteps when no one is around and stuff like that. It’s never happened when I’ve been there though. But I think it’s possible that ghosts are real even though no one has ever been able to prove it. Too many people have had otherwise unexplainable stuff happen to them for there not to be at least some truth in it. Maybe not ghosts in the traditional sense, but some kind of enery left behind by people who died. What do you think?

samboo1

Nah i dont believe in ghosts. Yeah, there's been some freaky happenings and it looks as if their real but i think theres some other logical explanation really. I still watch most haunted though:D
I dont believe we have a soul and my definiation of a ghost is the soul that has come out of the body in death, so if i dont believe in souls it would be a little strange to believe in ghosts:rolleyes: .
BTW i like your play with words...
Wildcat said:
The tiki lounge has been pretty dead the last few days
Dead...Ghosts! Love it! Hehe!

han_keep_smilin

I have seen a few programmes on tv about paramormal things but i am not sure those are real i have never seen a ghost myself but i do belive in them

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I believe in ghosts, aliens, bigfoot, the yeti, the loch-ness monster, the jersey devil(which I swear I saw), and secret goverment tests on humans, and technology.

you guys probably never heard of the jersey devil. I'll explain breifly:

13th son of the Leeds family, the jersey devil was "cursed" before birth, and was born a demon child. Mrs. Leeds threw him into the forest, and this mutated human still haunts South Jersey for after 300 years. Most common description: horse's head, dragon's body, devil's tail, vampire's teeth. A movie was made on it, it was called "The 13th Child". I swear I saw it while I was walking my dog, she was freaking out, and I saw this thing in the woods(at a distance) that was about the size of a man with a horse's head and a long tail. too small to be a horse, to big to be a dog. The Jersey Devil.

I watch "Ghosthunters" on the Sci-fi channel all the time, and I have seen so much proof, there has to be something other then humans, plants, and animals on this Earth.

ok, so this was more paranormal then ghosts, but, I got my point across, I think... :)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
They had an x-files episode about the jersey devil one time. I thought it was something they just made up for the show, but I guess not. I think it was more of a bigfoot type creature on the show though.

I don't know about bigfoot and the lochness monster and all that, but I do think aliens exist. The universe is too big for us to be the only living things in it. I'm not sure if they have actually been here (to Earth) though. If they have, they are way more advanced than us!

Jimmy Junior

I'm not a great believer in the paranormal - I think ghost and alien sightings have more to do with the subconscious mind.

However, I do think there are a lot more things that have yet to be explained - I had a dream a few years ago that I was working in a call centre and someone asked me for a quote for their car insurance. I can control my dreams to a certain degree and generally wake up if they get too bizarre; I was working in a call centre for a cable company at the time and I remember having an argument with someone (in this dream), trying to explain that we were a cable company and didn't do insurance quotes. The office I was working from in the dream was different to the ntl office, but things are always slightly different in dreams. I woke up thinking "stupid customer must have dialled the wrong number".

I remembered this dream the other day when I was in training for my new job, in a motor insurance call centre. I was taken aback when I realised the scene I was in was exactly the same as in that dream I'd had a few years earlier.

Although I had no idea when I had this dream that I would eventually work in motor insurance, I would be tempted to suggest that there is a more reasonable explination than that I can predict the future - after all, weather forecasters don't need a crystal ball to be able to give a rough idea of what the following day will be like, do they?