I'm confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reesegurl

:confused: What happened my avatar? I had a nice one of Reese but now its gone and when I try to put it back it only has pics of the 1st season. This forum is so big and confusing???!!!
Please help...

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I can't help on why your avatar dissapeared, but I believe that the avatars you have access to is based on the number of posts you have. As you get more posts, you will be able to choose from more avatars. Maybe one of the mods can tell you exactly what the milestone post numbers are. Hope this helps!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Unfortunately, I have no power over this system whatsoever. Davey Boy didn't even consult me when he created it, and I don't think he knows what the milestones are, either. But we've had problems in the past where they get reset and no one has the permissions anymore. It's worth taking a look at. Again, I would if I could, but we pretty much need to beg Davey Boy for that one.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
yardgames said:
Unfortunately, I have no power over this system whatsoever. Davey Boy didn't even consult me when he created it, and I don't think he knows what the milestones are, either. But we've had problems in the past where they get reset and no one has the permissions anymore. It's worth taking a look at. Again, I would if I could, but we pretty much need to beg Davey Boy for that one.
Ditto. I think its around 30-50 post not sure tho.

I see davey boy has caught on, i see my words are very influencial. :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I really would have thought the milestone wasn't higher than 100 posts. I suggest that Davey boy figure out what the values are and perhaps lower them a bit. I concur that it is a bit ridiculous.

Reesegurl

No you see when I first joined here I could get any avatar I wanted. But then one time I went back on the one I chose was gone! And another thing, I have to upgrade my password alot here, Is that normal? I'm sorry I'm asking so much questions, I 'm still not really used to it here.:eek:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Perhaps your avatar was disallowed when the system was put into place. I'm not sure how long you've been a member or when the system was initiated, but if you didn't meet the minimum criteria at that time, it would have been disallowed until you did have the minimum amount of rep power and posts.

As far as your password goes, my understanding is that some members have to change their's as often as 45 days. I think that depends on how you login, how old a member you are, how secure a password you have, and the settings Davey Boy has set for us all. I believe you can continue using the same password if you wish; just enter the same one when it asks for a new one.

Reesegurl

I haven't been here that long so thats probably why. I would go on here more often but I'm always on the fox mitm forum so its kind of hard to do both. Thats why I don't post that much.

D

Deleted member 1693

Has this issue been resolved? I would like to put up a custom avatar but I'm not sure how many posts you need.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Has this issue been resolved? I would like to put up a custom avatar but I'm not sure how many posts you need.

LOL really old thread!

Its a new system so anything said previously isn't relavent. I have adjusted the setting so you should be able too now. No minimum post count. Tell me if you have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.