When is it busy around here?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I just wanted to ask when is it ever busy around the MITM voting commun. Everytime I log on, it says like one member (me) and one guest. When does everyone else log on? In fact, I propose to the community that we set a time on a day each week where all members and guests too can log on together and tons of people can be here at one time. That would be fun!

On a side note, everyone be sure to read my fanfiction, "Wilkersons, meet the Griffins!" And if you have already, than go REPLY!!!! Watch for part 6 sometime today!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Due to the time difference, there isn't really a time where everyone is online at once. We have people in America, Europe, Australia, even New Sealand! :D Generally, that's whats great about a forum--you can read what others have to say whenever you're interested.

We do have a chat room available. Under Quick Links, choose Flashchat. However, we've generally started discouraging the use of the chat because then conversation is available only to those in the chat at the time rather than to the community at large. Still, it's an excellent place to communicate with anyone who happens to be online; the shoutbox is a great tool for inviting people into Flashchat. And if you're all alone, Alice is always ready to talk.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
New Sealand? ;-)
Anyway, Im just saying that we should have a time where everyone CAN come here at the same time and post and all. For instance, it could be Sunday, 6:00-8:00, where everyone like members and mods log on and we all talk. It just sound fun to have tons of people on at once!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It was fun, but as I said the time difference made it virtually impossible. 6 or 7 where? For some of us that's right in the middle of the day, and for others its right in the middle of the night! :D See the issue?

Jimmy Junior

@Tony Montana
To be honest, this is more of a traditional forum than a chat room, which gives more scope for well thought-out discussion rather than members asking how each other are doing.
A while ago we did try having a flashchat session on a Sunday afternoon, from about 19:00 GMT; I'm not sure what happened to that.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, it disappeared because we had polar opposite problems. For awhile, all of our conversation occured in the chat room rather than the forums--the forums were essentially dead, but the chat was always busy, so we discontinued it. We attempted to start the weekly meeting again after Burning Man, but no one actually attended, so we decided it wasn't worth trying to promote anymore.