7th season

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
yea we know allready :D (no offense) but it still hasnt be offical confirmed.

ahelm13

Here is the official press release from the futon critic

Friday, April 1, 2005
FOX RENEWS 'MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE' FOR A SEVENTH SEASON
Released by FOX

FOX RENEWS "MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE" FOR A SEVENTH SEASON

Fox Broadcasting Company has ordered a seventh season of its Emmy-winning comedy series MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE. The series air Sundays (7:30-8:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

"We couldn't be prouder and happier to have one more year to annoy people," said Executive Producer Linwood Boomer.

MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE revolves around five brothers whose parents are just trying to hold on until their last son turns 18. Middle child MALCOLM (Frankie Muniz) is a regular high school kid trying to navigate his way through life. Although Malcolm has a genius IQ, he can't seem to make sense of his family, which includes his outspoken, opinionated mom, LOIS (Jane Kaczmarek); his dad HAL (Bryan Cranston), who is just a bumbling, big kid at heart; deviant brother REESE (Justin Berfield), who has a penchant for cooking up dinner and trouble; FRANCIS (Chris Masterson), the oldest brother, who's willing to move from Alabama to Alaska to New Mexico – as long as it keeps him from moving home; covertly sly DEWEY (Erik Per Sullivan); and toddler JAMIE, the newest member – and scapegoat – of the family.

Winner of the prestigious Peabody Award and five Emmy Awards, MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE continues to be one of the most distinctive and creative series on television.

MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE is a Regency Television production created and executive-produced by Linwood Boomer. Matthew Carlson, Gary Murphy, Michael Glouberman, Alex Reid, Rob Ulin and Eric Kaplan serve as co-executive producers.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Thats great news.

We kind of knew that a 7th season may go ahead, but to have it confirmed from an official source is fantastic. The source being the Reuters News Agency of all people. - I didn't realise that they also dealt with entertainment news. I guess we all learn something every day!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Now the writers get a second chance. Maybe Dewey will join the school band. That would be neat, like how the kids would give him a hard time, a "band hazing" almost.

Dewey

Minimalistic
I've just realised that this news was released on April 1st.

Ignore my cynicism though - I'm very sure this is genuine; as it not only appeared on the fan pages but was also covered by Reuters News Agency.

I don't think the show's creators and such an impartial news organisation would joke about something like this.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I tend to agree with you, appanah. Especially since it was unofficially renewed in an interview with Frankie and Justin a few months back.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Welcome to the forums.

We just got the seventh season news late last week. There's been some speculation, but our primary guess is that, because Frankie's and Justin's contracts exprie and Fox probably won't want to renew them, season 7 will be the less, unless the ratings really jump again.

It's been a great run, but already it's showing some age.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
We can admit that MITM had it's run, probably 7 seasons. Thats great, Sienfield had 3 or 4 seasons, right? All great things have to end eventually. Maybe it's time to let go of the new episodes after the 7th. But of course not this board after the 7th.:D

arach

starlite07 said:
Thats really good news. Does anyone know about the 8th season? Its alittle early, but I was wondering...
According to Daily Variety, Linwood Boomer, the producer of "Malcolm", has been tapped to develop a new series for the company. "Because the odds are next year will be the last, I won't feel guilty about doing something new," he told Daily Variety. "This show has always been close to my heart, so I haven't developed before now." It looks like we have in store one last season that is bound to be good and will be able to end on a good note.

Source: http://www.tvtome.com/MalcolmintheMiddle/