The Boondocks: Gary Anthony Williams (Abe Kenarban) in starring role

Wemboy

I thought you all might be interested to know that Gary Anthony Williams, who plays Abe Kenarban in MITM, is playing one of the major roles in a new adult cartoon called the Boondocks. The show premieres in early November on Adult Swim, which i believe is part of Cartoon Network, and is based on the satirical comic strip written by Aaron McGruder.

Apparently McGruder made a pilot episode for Fox, but they passed; so the show has been in production for some time. William's plays the character of Uncle Ruckus, who is the neighbour of The Freemans (the family the show is based around). I'm no expert on the original comic strip, as we don't get in the UK, but i've read a few excerpts and they seem very funny, certainly quite controversial.

Anyway, just thought you might be interested to hear about an MITM actor in a new role. Let's hope for Gary's sake that it'll be as successful as South Park, or Family Guy! Has anyone heard anything about the show? or do you read the comic strip?

Ryebeach

Thanks for the info Wemboy. I've been hearing this show has been in production for a very long time, trying to get picked up by a network. Glad to hear it has finally gotten picked up.