Pets/animals

samboo1

Do you guys have pets? If not do you like animals??
I have a dog called Stanley(ive attached a pic:D ) and 2 cats called Mork and Molly. Im a cat lover myself (i LOVE giraffes but they arent excatly household...) and i like rabbits as well.

How about you people??

Emrysgirl

samboo1 said:
2 cats called Mork and Molly.
Not Mork and Mindy:D;)?

I don't have nor have I ever had any pets. I've never held a bird or a rabbitt. They are fun to watch for like 30mins to an hour. But then they get really boring. I love cats. Whenever I visit people who own cats, I spend most of my time playing with the cats. I'm not particularly fond of dogs, which is understandable considering that I've been bitten by one (in it's defense, it was old and blind). I don't hate them, I'm just scared of them.

samboo1

Emrysgirl said:
Not Mork and Mindy:D;)?
Well no Mork and Molly but it was Mork and Mindy but Mindy got ran over:( Then we got another cat.My mum names all the pets so...lol.Ive only named my rabbits (that i no longer have).

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I am an extreme cat lover. I have a black & grey longhair Maine Coon called Fe-fe (yep I named him). He is the best cat in the world (well IMO anyway!). I'll see if I can post a pic of him.

samboo1

Ive added photos of my cats:D they arent very good because i took them of photos on my webcam, if that makes sense. They are cuter in real life:)I think Mork is cuter but I like Molly's temprement better.

samboo1

Another person i can add to my list of people who have pets called Scooby! Seriously i know like 25 people with pets called Scooby! Its popular.

Ryebeach

samboo1 said:
Do you guys have pets? If not do you like animals??
I have a dog called Stanley(ive attached a pic:D ) and 2 cats called Mork and Molly. Im a cat lover myself (i LOVE giraffes but they arent excatly household...) and i like rabbits as well.

How about you people??
Cute pets samboo1 :)

I'm a big animal lover and have had numerous cats and dogs and fish over the years as well as a few Guinea Pigs. At the moment though I only have two cats. They are both senior citizens at 20 and 14 years old but they are both doing fairly well for their age.:) They are very spoiled though. One meow from them and I'm there in a flash.:eek:

samboo1

Thanks Hannah. I like my dog, but i love my cats:D I started crying once when we moved house and my cat ran away. Proves i really love my cats:D She came back though:)

D

Deleted member 1693

I have four (used to be five) cats, two dogs and several fish.

From oldest to youngest, our cats are: Matilda, Rufus, Tracy, Brady. Matilda is a crabby old bag of bones and her eyesight is fading. Rufus is a great hunter and fighter. Tracy is a really furry kitty; most say she's the cutest. Brady is the cutest to me; he has a sweet meow, his fur feels so good, and his eyes are always wide.

Our two dogs are Yuki and Dewey (surprise, surprise). Yuki is a Husky and Collie mix, and she's extremely timid. Dewey is a rambunctious mutt, and really friendly (his fur color and eyes remind me of Dewey).

The fish are pretty weird... They last forever. Must be something in the water... One of our first fishes was Freddy, a common goldfish, and he lived to be EIGHT. We had a proper burial for him.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
My friend's mom's coworker has a really cute little black puppy that happens to have bad knees--just a little weak really, but if they don't find a home for it in two weeks they have to put it to sleep. We're all working real hard to try and find someone before the deadline! I SOOO wish I could take it but typically pets and college and don't mix too well.

D

Deleted member 1693

That's very sad... I had a kitten named Rex who had feline leukemia... He was barfing everything from air to spit to blood. I wasn't there when he was put down.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I'm sorry to hear that TJ :(

How many other cats do you have?

I got Fe-fe when he was a 7 week old kitten. There were two in his litter, and I really wanted both but we already had another cat and a dog. We had to give our other cat away because the dog kept attacking her. :(

Ryebeach

Glad to hear Fe Fe is alive and kicking, one of my cats died 2 months back.

I'm sorry to hear that, TJ. Losing a pet is very difficult. They do become such an integral part of our lives that when they pass on, it hits us quite hard. I lost a cat not so long ago to kidney failure. Her kidneys slowly shut down to the point where she wouldn't eat or drink (she couldn't) and she could barely move. I gave her IV fluids daily for a few weeks until such time I realized that was no way for her to live. She wasn't happy anymore, I could see it in her eyes, so I took her to the vets to be put down. As hard as it was for me, I knew in my heart it was the right thing to do for her.