If Boys Were Girls

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
just watched this great ep again and was wondering why does lois say 'i hope its a girl' when i thought the whole point of the ep was the realisation that girls would be as bad as boys. seem a little odd. thoughts?

also did you know that Cristopher Masterson play his female version!? its very well done!

also the guy who plays hal alter ego is quite good (im quite sure its not bryan)

admin

Retired Administrator
It is a good episode, but in answer to your question, after 4 boys, wouldn't a mother want another girl to be in the family to talk to and stuff.. :D

allison

I agree, I think she said it because she still wanted to have girl altough she realized that girls can be as bad as boys. I realized that it was Francis, I think he did a good job. :D (Though his voice sounded a bit like a computer voice in my opinion). I´m quite sure it WAS Bryan Cranston. He probably just wore a suit or something. Did you see that movie with Eddie Murphy where he played a fat professor who turned into a thin person from time to time? (I forgot its name). That was also him, he just wore a costume, and I think that´s probably also what Bryan did.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
They have fat suits that those actors can wear, so that's probably it.

To date, this is still one of my all-time favorite episodes. The entire thing is funny; the storyline is fantastic; and it's something really different and unique.

I mean, that pretty much sums up the entire series, but multiplyt that a few times for this episode in particular. Absolutely fantastic.

Wasn't this ep nominated for some type of award?

Wemboy

This is a good episode in the same way that Bowling is in my opinion. It's a really original idea, and it's still really funny. Definitely a classic, I think it was nominated for an emmy but i'm not sure. This is another one that i think should be on the top 25 list in the vc, but i don't think it is. I reckon the point about Lois saying "i hope you a girl" is that even though she realises girls aren't perfect it would still be good to get a change from dealing with all the trouble the boys cause. Also it helps with the plot because from what i gather Jamie and Lois have a few problems, so the fact she wanted a girl might account for her being even more irritable than usual with the new baby.

tjpeople said:
just watched this great ep again and was wondering why does lois say 'i hope its a girl' when i thought the whole point of the ep was the realisation that girls would be as bad as boys. seem a little odd. thoughts?

also did you know that Cristopher Masterson play his female version!? its very well done!

also the guy who plays hal alter ego is quite good (im quite sure its not bryan)
omg in turkey we will watch this epsido next week..:mad: ı want watch season6.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
welcome to the fourms! We hope that you join into our discussions.

Have you seen any season 6 episodes yet?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
adamjb_fromturkey said:
omg in turkey we will watch this epsido next week..:mad: ı want watch season6.
real unlucky - u might be able to get bbc by satillete of sumfin :confused:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
maybe you could get grouper and download the files if you have a high speed connection, it helps.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
"We've got you outnumbered five to one now and we're still loosing."

Don't have the other episode, sorry. Sounds like it's going to be an interesting paper, though.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
CJ, I merged your thread with another, with the exact same name, I've never seen that happen before.

CJman327

Well, I think the show just wouldn't be a show if it was a show with girls. Just pictureing it now makes me wanna--wanna....m-m-m....m-m-make me wanna.........:Sick: ! Lol!:)
--CJMAN327

Yeah i know. It seems funny if Reese or Francis were girls. The actress who played Marta in School of Rock looks like him. I'm sure she played Dewey (girl) in MitM 'if boys were girls' although i'm not sure!

samboo1

Yeah it does look like her although its not. IMDB says that the actress who plays marta- Caitlin Hale- has only filmed school of rock.:D

Samboo1: Does it say that caitlin hale guest starred in MitM if you scroll down? I hav'nt checked. It's great you've researched all this on imdb, good for you!!