If it weren't called "Malcolm in the Middle"...

samboo1

If Boomer (and maybe others) hadnt thought of the brilliant name 'malcolm in the middle' for the series what would you think the name would of been.
I think 'life is unfair' matches well, and would of course suit the theme song.
Id like to see your ideas!:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Another series name...

I always thought it would have been fun if they had kept the working title "Fighting in Underpants" but it probably wouldn't have lasted to a seventh season.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

WOW - i never knew that! how could a miss such an important bit of triva as that! great working title tho. :D where you hear bout that?

Dewey

Minimalistic
For the sake of ratings, they should have opted for an approacch very similar to the band 'Barenaked Ladies', and called it something like "Red Hot Lesbian Nurses" - I'm sure that no matter what the episodes are like, people would tune in! :)

Ryebeach

I agree with samboo. "Life is Unfair" matched the pilot episode and seven seasons later, it would still match the newest episodes.:)

Nice idea. I think 'The teen adventures of Malcolm Wiokerson' as it tells you the name of the Wilkersons!! Also 'Deweys Gang' would be nice too!!

CJman327

Yeah, I've heard about the alternate title "Fighting In Underpants". I honestly don't see it being that title!:D I kind of like this title:

"The Life Of A Teenage Genius:Malcolm Wilkerson":)

It could also be shortened to:"Life Of A Teen Genius:Malcolm" or something like that but I think we could work it out to a decent title.

admin

Retired Administrator
reese35 said:
I think it could have been called as the Fox promos called it...
Malcolm.
just Malcolm.

I think this is the best of all the suggestions, the others seem like they were based Smallville: Superman the Early Year, or Indiana Jones the Earily Year or simply the Wonder Years, all rather tacky titles. I frequently use the word Malcolm to refer to MITM. Originality is key when coming up with a new name, they aren't going to call it something that can get mixed up with something else.

I don't really like my other one now i've seen it. It sounds kinda corny!! I think Reese should be the main character or Dewey....Malcolm isn't cool and they are!! It should be called 'make way for Dewey and Reese' as they always fight. They're like rivals!! It would be cool to focus on them for once!!