Your ten favourite movies of all time!

Dewey

Minimalistic
I'm intersted to know what people's ten favourite movies are. Feel free to give reasoning (if you wish)
Right now, mine (in no particular order) are:

• Fight Club (1999)
  • Memento (2000)
  • Green Mile (1999)
  • American Perfekt (1997)
  • Kids (1995)
  • One Night at McCools (2001)
  • Saw (2004)
  • Crash (2005)
  • Subway Stories: Tales from the Underground (1997)
  • "Three Colours" series: Blue (1993), Red (1994), White (1994)

admin

Retired Administrator
My would be, in no particualar order,
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • The Transporter
  • The Matrix
  • Back to the Future
  • Terminator 2
  • Shrek
  • Lord of the Rings
  • You Only Live Twice
  • Die Hard Triology
  • Anything with Jackie Chan in!
I have to admit that I have never watched a horror film ever, and that I have only ever cried, or almost cried at the end of two films

1.) ET when he goes home.
2.) Road to Petition when the dad dies.

Emrysgirl

I can't narrow it down to anywhere close to ten.

admin said:
I have to admit that I have never watched a horror film ever
Ever? Wow! Deliberately or just because you never found any of the plots interesting?

admin said:
I have only ever cried, or almost cried at the end of two films
When I was a child (under 7) I used to cry during almost any movie I saw. Since then, I've only cried during 1 movie - "1947: Earth". It's a movie about the India-Pakistan partition and its just really really sad and well made. And, I guess I just knew where a lot of it was coming from - some very simmilar stuff still goes on.

Ryebeach

1. 8 Mile
2. Titanic
3. Pearl Harbor
4. Saving Private Ryan
5. Seems Like Old Times
6. Meet the Parents
7. Ten Little Indians (1974 version)
8. Clue
9. Max Dugan Returns
10. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

While I often get teary eyed at some emotional films, there is only one film I have ever actually cried out loud at and that was Dad which is from 1989, I believe. It stars Jack Lemmon and Ted Danson and do not watch it without a couple of boxes of kleenex. Trust me, you will need them.

p3simpson

Street Of Fire
Shrek/ Shrek 2
Charlies' Angels/ Charlies' Angels 2
Greese
Big Daddy
Set It Off
Leagally Blonde
The Carft
Garfield
Wolf/ Cursed

simon_4420

My favourites are:

1) Man on Fire- amazing film with Denzel Washington. Can't remember if its based on a true story or not. If you haven't seen it you should!!

2) Shawshank Redemption - This film is so moving, I've see it so many times and it doesn't get boring.

3) Road to Pedition - Have to admit I almost cried at the end and for weeks after I hated this film as I thought that they shouldn't of killed him at the end, but then I realised it makes a much better film if he died. Tom Hanks was really good, normally I'm not that much of a fan of him.

4) The Untouchables - AMAZING gangtser film!! If you like gangster films from the 1920's -1930's you should really like this, espeacially if you are a Godfathers fan!

5) Saving Private Ryan - It appears I am wrong I guess I do like Tom Hanks films more than I thought i did, lol. This was a touching film, really brought home just how much every side lost in WWII and that really there was no winners other than those who got their freedom back at a very high price.

6) Green Mile - Again a Tom Hanks performace, god I am such a lier I seem to be more of a fan than I thought! Great story and has the sad ending to.

7) Training Day - If you are a Denzel Washington fan then you will have this film! Its got a great storyline and plenty of action. Also you will like this if you are a fan of films like Traffic, 21grams etc..

8) Snatch - I can never work out when I watch this if its ment to be funny or not. I asume its ment to be dark humor, but never the less its a great film. Its the only film other than Fight Club that I didn't mind Brad Pitt's performance.

9) Italian Job (original!)- Great English film, what more can I say?!

10) American History X - Great film if you haven't seen it and like controversial films that deal with sensitive material then watch it, BUT read the back first.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
It's hard to decide, but if I had to choose 10 movies, this would probably be my list:

- Kill Bill 1 & 2
- Scary Movie 1 & 3
- The Ring 1 & 2
- Star Wars 1- 6
- Reservoir dogs
- Donnie Darko
- Attack of the killertomatoes
- Pulp Fiction

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
In no real order:

Stealth
Hichicker's guide to the Galaxy
Big Daddy
Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
The Longest Yard
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

And that's all I can think of this early in the morning. :)