Sound Effects

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I was just wondering about the sounds effects used and in particular the one thats like door shutting that they allways seem to use. You know the one i mean?

Any ideas where it came from?

samboo1

Is that not the real door?? Wow, thats a good sound effect.
Sorry TJ i have no ideas where its from.

I know the one you mean, when the half time break comes the door just slams. I agree it's an effect. I looked on imdb and apparenty David Werntz is the sound editor for Malcolm in the Middle!!

Ryebeach

LOL, I've heard it for 7 seasons now but never took one second to think about it.:eek: Probably recorded a slamming door or some type of sound mixing of some sort. :)

Jimmy Junior

I think it's either a very small, 'hand-held' door (as used in theatrical sound effects) or the sound department on MitM simply 'borrowed' it from a phonographic workshop and have no idea themselves where it came from.

Jimmy Junior

yardgames said:
Darren, I hate to break it you, but I think your'e the only one who thinks in psyhological terms. Franics is the oldest sibling and was hurt physically in No Motorcycles.

HaveI missed something here? I thought the discussion was about sound effects?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
No, you didn't miss something. I made a boo-boo. I posted a reply in the wrong thread, and samboo followed my lead. Sorry about that. It's all fixed now. Didn't make sense to me either.