Do you Google?

admin

Retired Administrator
I was wondering out of curiosity how many of you use Google to search the internet?

I have been using Google since someone told me about it in 2001, since then it has become massive! At the time, it was the only amazing search engine, that actually produced results that you were looking for..

Does anyone not use Google, or use it. What do you think about it and if you don't use it is there a reason and what do you use instead :D

Yes in fact i do use Google quite frequently when i want to look up important things. Google is on my favourites list and so is Yahoo which i think is a great source as well!

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I discovered Google soon after I started using the Internet back in 1996; whenever I did a search (Netscape default search engine) at the bottom there would be a link to additional search results at Google, which were always good, so I started occasionally using that first-off for searches. When we upgraded to Internet Explorer, there was a default search site for that as well but then in 2001 when I got my own computer I was with a different connection to the rest of the house, and their search site was crap so I was using Google every time I searched. I mainly use Dogpile.com for searches now since it has several different search engines (including Google) in it, plus it has features that Google doesn't have.

samboo1

Google is my home page and really the only search engine i use. I used it because we used it at school and i found it better than my previous choice (wanadoo, because the home page kept changing its self to it!).

Emrysgirl

I've been using Google Search since 2000 or 2001. It's the only search engine I use and I find it very efficient/effective (I can find what I'm looking for easily). I also use Google's News, Images and mail (Gmail) features. But, as I've said before on this site, I think they're expanding too much these days. It's time for them to stop introducing new features and work on improving the ones they have.

Google's going the same way Microsoft did. They (Microsoft) expanded and monopolized the industry and then stoped improving because everyone was already using Microsoft and they didn't need to draw customers in or anything.