PDA

View Full Version : Insider's Guide on MITM

reese35
Sep 24, 2005, 03:50 PM
I've created an insider's guide on MITM. So far, I've finished the first season. Soon enough, I'll create additional installments (2, 3, 4, ...etc.) If any of you wants the first season, just PM me or email me. I'll send you the cover free. If anyone has any comments and/or suggestions, just post them on here. Thank you.

Mike Parson (reese35)

admin
Sep 24, 2005, 04:16 PM
I've created an insider's guide on MITM. So far, I've finished the first season. Soon enough, I'll create additional installments (2, 3, 4, ...etc.) If any of you wants the first season, just PM me or email me at censored. I'll send you the cover free. If anyone has any comments and/or suggestions, just post them on here. Thank you.

Mike Parson (reese35)I don't recommend you post your email address exposed like that in the forums.
As a suggestion can you not upload some of it here? That would save people having to PM you :D

reese35
Sep 24, 2005, 04:18 PM
I've tried it. The entire thing's 44 pages, 9.36 MB (season 1). And you do have a limit.

admin
Sep 24, 2005, 04:20 PM
We may have limits, but for special occasions we can open up 50MB especially to a member. If you tried and failed to upload it here, I will firstly increase the alloted amount, if this fails then....

If you PM me I can give you some FTP login details for the main MITMVC. I can also create a PDF out of it for you. :D

The current Word .DOC limit is set at 19MB, this is only temporary, so if you try and upload it quickly so I can reduce it again :D

reese35
Sep 24, 2005, 05:19 PM
Well, all I can manage is the cover. By the time I read the reply...

admin
Sep 24, 2005, 05:35 PM
It looks promising so far! :D

Keep it up, once you've finished, maybe you can send it to me via email, and I can upload it onto some prime MITMVC webspace for you. I can PDF for you too so that its smaller and viewable to all in the format you see it in in Word.

yardgames
Sep 24, 2005, 05:36 PM
Looks interesting indeed. I can't wait to read the rest.

MalcolmReeseDewey
Sep 24, 2005, 05:50 PM
Hey reese35, your cover is amazing. I wish i could do it!! You sound like a cool guy!!

tjpeople
Sep 24, 2005, 09:04 PM
Nice i like it, its gunna take alot lot of work but it'll be worth it :D

Emrysgirl
Sep 25, 2005, 01:26 AM
Looks very good so far, Mike...I look foward to seeing the rest of it.

samboo1
Sep 25, 2005, 09:10 AM
I agree with the others! What ive seen makes me want to read more, and i hope i can!:D

reese35
Sep 25, 2005, 06:29 PM
Okay, here's the cover in .pdf format. If I can, I'll have the insider's guide up tonight.

JonAnd85
Sep 25, 2005, 06:53 PM
I can't wait to get more of this Insider's Guide! And the cover looks very good.
It will take some time for you to finish the guide but i think that you can do it!
Keep going Mike with the good work.

reese35
Sep 27, 2005, 03:06 PM
Well, here it is... the fruit of over 6 months of labor. I present to you...
"Everyhting You Need To Know About Malcolm in the Middle"!
Enjoy!

samboo1
Sep 27, 2005, 03:14 PM
Ive saved it and im going to read it later, and with six months of work its bound to be good!!;)

admin
Sep 27, 2005, 03:25 PM
Well, here it is... the fruit of over 6 months of labor. I present to you...
"Everyhting You Need To Know About Malcolm in the Middle"!
Enjoy!
I have to say, I personally think its very impressive, 44 pages on Season 1, loads of pics and loads of info. It certainly is a good guide for MITM :D

yardgames
Sep 27, 2005, 05:45 PM
WOW! WOW! WOW! I mean, wow!

reese35
Sep 27, 2005, 06:04 PM
For those of you that have viewed the guide already, you might have noticed something screwy in the Sleepover synopsis. here's the edited version. Better I redid the whole than just the little portion.

tjpeople
Sep 27, 2005, 06:24 PM
It is stunning! Whta seems to me to be the best and most compransenive guide to mitm in gneral and season1. you clearly put alot of effort in. wen its finished im sure with your permission david would put it under the download section (i surpose it could go now, and be udated if you do more)

reese35
Sep 28, 2005, 05:02 PM
For those of you that don't know, the season 1 insider's guide is up and running! Just click on the icon that says "Malcolm insiders guide" on one of my posts.

Amigo22
Sep 28, 2005, 07:37 PM
Reese35, your guide is GREAT!!!! I can't wait to see the rest. It was good getting to see the additional quotes from the Pilot episode too - were they all of them? Were there any additional scenes too, or all the same scenes but just extended with the extra quotes?

reese35
Sep 28, 2005, 08:14 PM
Okay, let's compare the TV version with the DVD version. In the TV version, the song when Lois is shaving Hal's back is "It's Your Thing." In the DVD version, it's "You Sexy Thing." The opening scene does have a couple of additional quotes and more quiet time. In the DVD version, as Malcolm is heading to the office, Caroline is reading a magazine (don't see that on the TV version). More quiet time during Mal/Stevie's scene; as Malcolm is telling us about saturday mornings, we find Lois in the background, heading to the washer; as Francis goes bye-bye for the day, Mal/Reese/Dewey are chatting about how lucky Francis is, and a scuffle is started about skiing in Alabama; additional quotes in dinner scene, bedroom scene, classroom scene; more quiet time outside.... so to make a long story short, same scenes, but more time.

samboo1
Sep 29, 2005, 02:52 AM
So yeah a change in signature and avatar...i see.Lol!
Ive never heard anyone mention of longer scenes in the dvd. Thats interesting.

Dabney
Oct 2, 2005, 07:52 PM
amazing guide!!! Fantastic work!! I really admire how much work you must have put into that. It's really fantastic... I'm looking forward to seeing the next guide.

MalcolmReeseDewey
Oct 3, 2005, 02:17 PM
Though it is bad to send your e-mail out to us all, all i have to say is nice work and good luck on the guide as if you carry on, i'm sure you'll go far!!

allison
Oct 3, 2005, 08:53 PM
WOW!!! You obviously put so much effort into this and it really shows!

Wildcat
Oct 6, 2005, 12:39 PM
Wow Reese35--That's amazing!!! I just glanced over it for now, but I saved it an will definitely be reading it in detail when I have more time. Awesome work. Can't wait to see the other seasons! :)

reese35
Oct 13, 2005, 11:08 AM
By the way, here's a little note on a mini-Extreme Makeover - the name has changed from Everything You Need To Know about Malcolm in the Middle to inGuide: Malcolm in the Middle. The main font has changed from Anklepants (KDKA-TV's former font) to QuickExpress (WSVN-TV's news font). Anklepants is still in the actor's names in the bios section and the dates for the seasons, but everything else is QuickExpress. Soon as i get the new files in a visible area, the makeover will be revealed.

yardgames
Oct 13, 2005, 04:41 PM
Sounds like some uncommon fonts. You're making PDF's right? Make sure you embed the fonts, or everyone who looks at it will just see Times New Roman.

reese35
Oct 14, 2005, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I'm still doing PDFs.

reese35
Oct 14, 2005, 03:58 PM
The makeover... is now... REVEALED!

tjpeople
Oct 20, 2005, 05:19 AM
Keep up the good work. by the way whats with your signiture i dont understnad it? can u expalin?

reese35
Oct 22, 2005, 11:33 AM
I got the inspiration from idents from a Toronto television station, CITY-TV. (Just call it Citytv) There's also another Citytv in Vancouver (CKVU) and 3 more throughout Canada.The idents show people in Toronto and what they were doing. They announced and finished off the ident by saying "[From (region of Toronto) or otherwise noted], this is Citytv... Everywhere!"
Examples - Citytv Toronto
http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/international/video_canada/city_ident1_96.rm
http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/international/video_canada/city_ident2_96.rm
Citytv Vancouver
http://www.geocities.com/ckvutvvancouver2/ckvu2002-cityid1.rm
http://www.geocities.com/ckvutvvancouver3/ckvu2005-ident01.rm
I wanted to do the same, so I got a pic of Reese showing off his hickey to Malcolm after sneaking off with those college girls from "Houseboat", and I'm sure you'll fill in the cracks.

yardgames
Oct 22, 2005, 11:52 AM
Huh? I'm confused...

reese35
Oct 22, 2005, 12:13 PM
All right. You have RealPlayer, you can check out the Citytv idents. Compare the idents with the sig/avatar, and you'll see where I got the inspiration.

yardgames
Oct 22, 2005, 12:20 PM
I see. -

samboo1
Oct 22, 2005, 12:46 PM
oh ok i kinda get it...i cant watch the things though. I dont have real player. But i get the jist of it.
Interesting infulences.:)

reese35
Oct 22, 2005, 01:25 PM
Here's the link. Just select your language and location. It's where the flag is - on the top of the page. Player's free - just click on the right side of the page. http://www.real.com/

yardgames
Oct 22, 2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I have an issue with Real Networks. Personally, I consider Real Player spyware and thus don't use it.

samboo1
Oct 22, 2005, 02:19 PM
Ive had it before...i dont see a problem with it. Ive noticed that a lot of things use real player these days. Thanks for the link reese35. Ive got it now:)
Hehe i like the way the guy says everywhere. Really american:D.

tjpeople
Oct 22, 2005, 08:30 PM
maybe be thats becuase he's canadian, and to the british they sound american!

samboo1
Oct 23, 2005, 04:15 AM
Canadian? Do you mean American?
Yeah i know but he sounds more american than usual. I have the voice in my head of an american saying everywhere compared the the guy saying everywhere. Its different. Anyway i like it:D