Beyond belief: fact or fiction?

allison

Does anyone know this show? In each episode there are 4 or 5 short stories in which mysterious things happen. Some of them are true and some were just made up. In the end Jonathan Frakes (host) reveals which stories actually occured and which stories were only fiction. One story that really fascinated me was the one

SPOILER:

with the cat. A girl had a cat which was run over by a car. But the girl pretented that the cat was still alive and even kept feeding it. Her parents thought she´s insane so they called a therapist. The therapist took a picture of the girl and her "cat" to show her that the cat didn´t exist. The next day the girl´s mother called the therapist again and showed her the picture the therapist had taken the previous day. There was actually a cat in the picture!!!"

The story was true.

Sorry, I didn´t know how the spoiler tag works. It didn´t work for me, my text just disappeared.

packer-backer

I absolutely love the show. One of my favorites is the red eye monster. I hope one day they will realease a box set of this show.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I like this show, but on the behalf of all the non-sci-fi/alternate reality stuff fans, I won't say anything.

samboo1

I used to watch that all the time! I have'nt seen it on though in ages. I used to get a piece of paper and write down what i thought about each story. I was almost always wrong!:cool:

allison

samboo1 said:
I used to watch that all the time! I have'nt seen it on though in ages. I used to get a piece of paper and write down what i thought about each story. I was almost always wrong!:cool:
I´m pretty bad at this, too. :D But I realized that the most unbelievable stories often are true while the other ones, which weren´t THAT incredible were fiction.

admin

Retired Administrator
allison said:
Does anyone know this show? In each episode there are 4 or 5 short stories in which mysterious things happen. Some of them are true and some were just made up. In the end Jonathan Frakes (host) reveals which stories actually occured and which stories were only fiction. One story that really fascinated me was the one

SPOILER:

with the cat. A girl had a cat which was run over by a car. But the girl pretented that the cat was still alive and even kept feeding it. Her parents thought she´s insane so they called a therapist. The therapist took a picture of the girl and her "cat" to show her that the cat didn´t exist. The next day the girl´s mother called the therapist again and showed her the picture the therapist had taken the previous day. There was actually a cat in the picture!!!"

The story was true.

Sorry, I didn´t know how the spoiler tag works. It didn´t work for me, my text just disappeared.
I used to watch a show like that once in the mid 1990's, don't know what is called though to be honest.

I can always remember the story of the "boy who was allergic to humans" They said have he was schooled via the internet, and had a webcam in the classroom etc..

It turned out to be false :D