Will Dewey's Voice Break this Season?

CJman327

Re: Season 7 Dossier (Warning This Thread is 100% Spoilers!)

I think that Jamie will start talking next year or so, and since Dewey is 14, I think 15 is a good age for his voice to start breaking.

admin

Retired Administrator

Remember voice breaking will be more dependant on the actor, they can't write it into the story easily, as they won't know when Eric's voice will break. It may not happen this season, its totally out of anyones control. :D

CJman327

Well I can understand that. It's just sad to know that we might not witness it happening since basically EVERYONE is assuming 94% sure that this is the last season.......:(

CJman327

Well, the cast is growing up. Who knows? There might be a spin-off of this show that really good! only nothing can replace Malcolm In The Middle.:(

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

I think Erki is not that deveoped for his age so i dout we notice any change in his voice, epecially if it all been filmed now? anybody know if they have filmed the whole season or its its just a few eps done? (sorry i know thats a bit off topic)

admin

Retired Administrator

tjpeople said:
I think Erki is not that deveoped for his age so i dout we notice any change in his voice, epecially if it all been filmed now? anybody know if they have filmed the whole season or its its just a few eps done? (sorry i know thats a bit off topic)
Completely true, we must take that factor into consideration, if they have already filmed some or most of the episodes then its unlikely we will see Eirc mature enough for his voice to break.

I have to admit. He's fairly short so it's unlikely his voice will break at this stage. I'm wondering though why he's shaving if his voice hasn't broken!!

admin

Retired Administrator
MalcolmReeseDewey said:
I have to admit. He's fairly short so it's unlikely his voice will break at this stage. I'm wondering though why he's shaving if his voice hasn't broken!!
They don't necessarily have to come hand in hand. They may all be involved in puberty but it doesn't mean they is a logical order, indeed some people don't have to shave until they're 18, others 12. The same with broken voices, some barely change as they are already quite low, or the "new" voice isn't particulary much lower. The change can happen from 12 to 15.

Eric is a 1992 baby so he would be 13 currently, about halfway throuh the "puberty" stage.

Please note that Frankie Muniz's voice broke in 2000 in season 1 when he was 14 and he's shorter tyhan Erik (i reckon). It may not all be about the height but technically it's possible that his voice may break now!! He's 14: It sometimes happens to 11/12 year old boys!!

Amigo22

Super Moderator

MalcolmReeseDewey said:
I'm not too sure what will happen to Erik but he seems to have matured a lot: if you look on www.eriks-empire.com and look on the 'Once not far from home' images, you'll see!!
It's strange seeing him in real life at age 14 compared with Dewey in the show 3 years younger

elstarry

I think if Dewey's voice does break,it will be quite strange because he really is the one (no matter how old he is) that will always be the blonde little one-but maybe jamie can replace that.

I agree with elstarry because Jamie (i think) is there to replace Dewey as Boomer is probably worries Erik's voice will break soon. He is 14!!