New Feature: Character Groups

admin

Retired Administrator
As a bit of fun, I thought I could set up some character groups, these will allow you to have certain "exclusive" content.

Currently I have at set of "exclusive" avatars for each group, but I propose to create styles for each group, with the character in the banner at the top.

Anyway what groups have we got?

The Krelboynes - a group for Malcolm fans, a set of Malcolm avatars become available when you join
The Reese Brigade - a group for Reese fans, a set of Reese avatars become available when you join
The Buseys - a group for Dewey fans, a set of Dewey avatasr become available when you join.

How to join?

Firstly go to your UserCP, the click "Group Membership" then click "Request" or something and then follow the basic instructions. You may only join ONE group at current, although if I create more than 6 character groups, you will be able to join 2.

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/profile.php?do=editusergroups is a quick link to join by.

As I said currently you will only receive an exclusive avatar set, but soon you will be able to get exclusive styles, and if I can think of anything else!

This is open to young, old, senoir, junoir any members who have at least 1 post!

Please note: DO NOT request to join a group here, its an automated process :D

This is more of a widescale test to see if this kind of thing is succesful and whether you guys like the idea:D

Please PM me if you make a request, the system will ask me to "Accept/Reject" you, and if I don't know you have asked I will not be able to accept! :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
admin said:
Currently I have at set of "exclusive" avatars for each group, but I propose to create styles for each group, with the character in the banner at the top.
what do u mean by banner/styles? where about would they be? are you talking styles as in VB colours etc?

admin

Retired Administrator
tjpeople said:
what do u mean by banner/styles? where about would they be? are you talking styles as in VB colours etc?
Yes, I would keep the same two basic colour schemes, only the above banner, would be replaced or altered slightly. For example instead of a family picture, people who are in "The Reese Brigade" could have an image of Reese there instead, or instead of the general quoter, they could have a Reese specific quoterulator, or a countdown to Justin's birthday... Something like that.

admin

Retired Administrator
Before anyone complains they haven't got enough new avatars, please remember this is something I just started, eventually I hope to have 100 exclusive avatars per group. :D

As it stands I have now got

18% of my Dewey Target
61% of my Malcolm Target
33% of my Reese Target

There will be loads more coming, just Reese and Malcolm are much much easier to find pics of. :D

admin

Retired Administrator
yardgames said:
Out of curiosity, does joining any of the groups get rid of the BP banner?
No, certainly not yet anyone, especially since I haven't made the banners for the groups!

@Ermysgirl, a great idea, I shall see if I can compile some Francis images and put them on later :D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Emrysgirl said:
How about 'The Cadets' or something for Francis?
The Cadets are a very famous Drum and Bugle Corp. They won the DCI (Drum Corps International) Championships this year. I'd just thought you'd all liketo hear that little blurb.

admin

Retired Administrator
Is no one else interested in joining a character group? I've had 10 or so requests so far.

There is also a new "Reese" style for reese fans, although it is available to everyone at the bottom of the page in the drop down style box.

Wemboy

Sorry if this sounds awkward but is there going to be a group for Hal, or Hal and Lois together? If not i'll join Malcolm's group, but i'd rather wait if there is going to be a new group. Just cos Hal is my favourite character by a mile! Good idea by the way David.

admin

Retired Administrator
You can join one of these three groups for now, there will be more coming later. When the other 3 groups arrive you will able to join upto 2 groups. So I'll put you in Malcolms group for now.

CJman327

I don't mean to sound rude but I don't really see the point......

I joined
Spoiler for Group:
The Krelboynes
but all I got were about 61 avatars with Malcolm! Wasn't there more to just looking having 60 pictures of Malcolm?:D I can't help but laugh at what I just wrote......:)

admin

Retired Administrator
My original post DOES say that currently there are only avatars, but you will be entitled to more stuff soon. It takes time to put things together, just be patient :p

A Francis group would be greatly appreciated.

"The Lost Causes"
"The Delinquents"
"Attitude Problem"
or
"Team Reckless" would all be appropriate names. Though someone should be able to think of something better.