Extended Pilot on Season 1 DVD

Amigo22

Super Moderator
A question for those who have Season 1 on DVD; what extra scenes do they have in the extended Pilot that we don't see in the TV version?

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
one scene was in the beggining of the epsode Malcolm introdue his family by going something like:

"this is my brother Reese's nose, and these are my brother Dewey's feet, which are always kicking me. Hi, I'm Malcolm, this is my life."

It's something like that.

Wemboy

Obviously it's been a while since i first watched the pilot, but i remember thinking when i watched the dvd that i didn't recognise the very end scene. It's Malcolm monologing (is that the right spelling?) to the camera, and he's sat on a dustbin and he says "i think everythings gonna be just fine" or something; those are misguided words if ever i heard them! and it turns out Dewey's in the bin. If that scene is in the normal pilot then i really can't think of another one which may form the extended section of the episode, that's all i've got i'm afraid.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that the one part where you can see a leg and half of a tourso to the right. The guy was sitting on a bench or something.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
J. said:
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that the one part where you can see a leg and half of a tourso to the right. The guy was sitting on a bench or something.
Just in widescreen mode. They had full screen cameras shooting in widescreen or something like that, and so they couldn't see they weren't off to the side far enough. Lucky for them, HDTV hadn't caught on so much back in 2000, even the DVD is in full screen, so not too many people have seen that goof....but then there's the much bigger goof in Red Dress...

CJman327

Mmm....pie.:D No, "pi" 3.145 I'm pretty sure. I think it's some infinite decimal sqeuence from what I know but it's totally unrelated to the sucject!:) Yeah here in the U.S(or at least Massachusetts)we don't get all of the cold openers. We only get a few.:(