Francis and Military School

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I don't know why the writers started MITM with Francis already in Military School. I think they should have either made a subplot of that in Pilot or an additional episode. Or even a flashback clip; I think they should have had that in Reese's Apartment after Francis says "I was thrown into Military School so fast I still had shampoo in my hair". A whole subplot would have been better in my opinion, it would have been interesting to see some of the other things Francis did besides being busted by the cops; setting a car on fire and getting his nose pierced.

What do you guys think?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
yea francis at home doin that sorta stuff would have been good, however the focus was very much malcolm in the begaining.

ReMoss85

I like the way they did it. If you look at most shows' pilots, they are all so different from all the other episodes because they have to introduce the whole plot of the series. But with MITM, the pilot was just another episode. Except of course for the first half before Malcolm found out he was a genious. So maybe it wan't really just another normal episode. But having the Francis thing happen in it would be two huge things happening in one episode.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I think it's good they started it where they did with the Francis, although we maybe should have seen something about how Francis was sent away in Flashback. It would have been entertaining to see what we discovered in Ida Loses a Leg, about him being sent to Ida's, as well.