How do you become a super moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJman327

I think the title to my post asks the question well enough. How do you beomce a moderator? Do you qualify? Do you earn it? Do you have to get awards or many rep points?
--CJMAN327

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, the existing mods decide when a new moderator is needed, and then we discuss the best candidates and make the offer to the person we decided on. You need to be a veteran member of the community and have made a name for yourself for months before we'll ask you.

For me, I became a mod beack in March. I was the third member to join, and was made a mod when David was going on vacation for a week. At the time, I had the highest reputation, and since then I've become David's favorite mod, even if I'm "weird." :) Anyway, David took another vacation in August (it never occurred to me how many vacations he takes!) and we discussed who should become the second mod and decided on J. It is rare that we add moderators, and to my knowledge we don't plan on adding any for awhile, but keep posting away and get your name out there and maybe we'll think of you.

admin

Retired Administrator
As yardgames says, we don't tend to pick moderators that often. Our next moderator will be choosen probably around the 1000 - 1,500 member mark. It depends what kind of members they turn out to be, the more active members we get the more moderation will be required.

The candiates have to be senoir members, and I don't expect anyone with under a 100 reputation power and 100 post count would be thought of unless they were exceptional. Saying that at least 3 months in the forums is the minimum time period before a consideration will be made.

When it comes to moderators we don't take self nomination, and we don't ask members, it is a decision completely decided by the administration and moderation team.

Don't expect a moderator position to become free until around December or January next year. Moderators have to be very trustworthy because they have a great deal of power to delete posts, ban members etc...

J and yardgames were chosen because of their high reputation within the community, high contributions, forum loyality and the support they gave to other members who asked for it. They do do a considerable amount of work, so its not just a fancy name title, they ammend posts, move threads, edit threads and loads more - the moderator log is quite a long one!

admin

Retired Administrator
Well I kind of have a secret unofficial list of who I want to be moderators, and I simply go down that in order as I need one! I guess you know who was at the top, second and third :D The list obviously changes as new members arrive and show their skills to me. I don't tell people what exact criteria I am after in a moderator, but loyality, reliability and a grasp of english grammar are essential.

If you ever wish to be considered as any high ranking position in the forum MDR, you must ensure that all your posts are written in high quality BBC English.

Status
Not open for further replies.