Marching Band

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I did it, I got through my first day of Marching Band practice. My feet hurt, my arms ache, my toes feel like they will fall off, so that's why I'm coming back today and tommorrow, and next Monday, ect. I am slowly turning into the band geek with the funny hat. It's fun but hard. Now, all I need to do is memorize the music and drill, and I'm be fine. Tougher then it looks (or sounds). This is what I looked like after practice::eek: I just thought I'd let all of you know, As I know Sam likes to compare me and my trumpet to lazy people.:D

Dewey

Minimalistic
Emrysgirl said:
Must have been painful. What instrument do you play? Is it heavy?
Hope its not a grand piano...carrying one of those in a marching band would be really hard!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Emrysgirl-
I play the trumpet, so it's not that bad.

It's more the repeating, we repeat everything 50,000 times. From marching backwards (which tears up the top of your foot after a while, to going from horn up to horn down position. Every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:30pm GMT to 1:30am GMT, or 6:30 to 9:30pm EST we practice. Even in rain, that will be fun...:D Least I'll know the school better then all the other freshmen.

Dewey-
That is why we have pit, it's where all the mallets and xylophones and heavy equipment go.:D

Dewey

Minimalistic
Re: Season 7 Episodes!

J. said:
See My Band: Here
@J - i followed the link that you have in your signature. Which one is you? :)
I notice it is a huge band in terms of the number of musicians. Your band even has more members than the Polyphonic Spree. :)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

Dewey said:
@J - i followed the link that you have in your signature. Which one is you? :)
I notice it is a huge band in terms of the number of musicians. Your band even has more members than the Polyphonic Spree. :)

I joined in this year, when I started High School at Absegami. That photo, if you look closly, is from 2004. Nov. 13, 2004, to be exact That was the day of the Atlantic Coast Championships (ACC, that will be a major thing I will be talking about a lot soon). The photo will be replaced when we once it is taken at the ACC this year. Two people haven't handed in their photo forms yet, so we can't post new pictures. I'll let you know when my photo is on the site UNtil then, enjoy those who have gone before me. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator

In other words, J. isn't in that picture, but I've formed a picture of what he looks like in my mind's eye.

Emrysgirl

yardgames said:
In other words, J. isn't in that picture, but I've formed a picture of what he looks like in my mind's eye.
Well, were you right?
@J. I'm sure you've noticed, but you're in the background in pic 7 as well:). What's with the 3 girls that are dressed identically(pink tanktops & black shorts)?

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Emrysgirl said:
@J. I'm sure you've noticed, but you're in the background in pic 7 as well:). What's with the 3 girls that are dressed identically(pink tanktops & black shorts)?
Yeah, but it's hard to see me. Just wait till you see me in uniform on the field. :)

Dewey

Minimalistic
It may be just me, but i cannot get your new signature link to work. The one that says:
"Click to see pictures from Band Camp 2005!!! (finally)!!!"

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
In Absegami, Being an ok Trumpet player is way not enough. For us, a bad day, is like being like the other bands we compete againist. We are held to a higher standard then everyone else, and an "Average Trumpet player" in my school is a really great player at another school. Which I am, average.

I learned something- Trumpet players are very egotistical. It's something I never relized untill I read it and I agree whole-heartly. We have a big ego, and aren't afraid to use it!

Here is the photo of me, the same one I've been talking about, if you don't want to go to the homepage of the linked site in my signature: Click Me!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Want to see me in uniform? Click Here This was right after we got off our nice coach busses wih tvs, and comfortable seats, and a bathroom (not that anyone used it)... I like those busses... Anyways, we had our uniform on, and the plume (feathers) in our hat, we were preparing our honor braid (you can see it on the person to the left of me, because that is the hardest part, it's the yellow loops around our left arm. After that we warmed up and got into our parade block. There we were given water, and we entered the parade and we marched. Three miles. After the drunken firemen screaming at our drum major because his uniform eas black, with a gold sequin stripe (like ours but gold insted of yellow) and big white gloves) They thought he was Micheal Jackson and wanted to meet him. Some of them were "appealing" to the color guard, and were asking us if we wanted beer because we "looked thirsty." We were thirsty, but Band Parents came and gave us water bottles and spritses with squiters, (very annoying with glasses). They (the drunken firemen) would yell and say stuff like "We came here to see you play" and "You have those [darn] instruments, now play them." We would play our parade song, 'Land of Make Believe' and they would shut up and start clapping. Not everyone was drunk, only like 2 out of every 50 people were. In the end, we went down a side street, took off our hats, and went into our 'civies' (regular clothes) and went on the board walk for 2 hours!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Actually, that Space doesn't exist. More likely, you haven't given access privileges to the general public.