• Malcolm dates a family

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bowling

• Stereo store

• Total voters

samboo1

I was wondering, since many people think these episodes are'nt so good, what your favourite episode of mitm is when Malcolm or Reese have a girlfriend or a crush.
I apologise for the ones ive missed out on the poll (Cant really list all of them):)

packer-backer

Sorry if i'm wrong but I dont remeber there being a girlfriend in stereo store. That's the one where Hal gets the second job and they have the babysitter that's in Malcolms class and is younger than Reese. I think.:confused: I might be wrong. Second the only one on this list that is worth seeing a repeat is bowling. So of course thats the one I voted for.

samboo1

Yeah there was a girlfriend in stereo store, Reese's girlfriend Alison. It is'nt a big girlfriend episode but i did'nt know what to put.:rolleyes:

samboo1

Deweyrules! said:
Maybe your taking the polls a little too far.lol. Who said bowling wasnt a good eppsiode!!? I must speak with them.:D
What do you mean by 'taking the polls too far?' and who are you going to speak with:confused:

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
It isn't my favorite episode of the bunch, but I picked Malcolm's Girlfriend because it is my favorite way that they have dealt with one of the boys having a girlfriend or crush, if that makes sense. I loved that they never showed her face, and I liked how clingy and obsessed Malcolm got. It showed how irrational people can get when it comes to crushes. I had my share of clingy boyfriends in high school, so it was close to home.

Emrysgirl

As an episode as a whole, I'd vote for Bowling because it was just amazing. But not because of the girlfriend plot. I thought that aspect of it dragged the ep down a bit.

Not to critisize, but you're missing some girlfriend eps. Actually, the reason I noticed is that those were at the top of my list of girlfriend eps.

Funeral
Francis Escapes
Long Drive
Bully (this isn't at the top of my list, but I noticed it was missing)

EDIT: also remembered

Krelboyne Girl
Cynthia's Back
Traffic Jam
Reese Joins the Army 1

allison

Bully? Where´s a girlfriend in bully? Or do you mean the plot with Francis and the nurse?

I think my favourite episodes of the ones which are listed are Malcolm holds his tongue and Bowling. But just like Aditi I don´t like them because of the girlfriend plots, but because I like these episodes as a whole.

samboo1 said:
What do you mean by 'taking the polls too far?' and who are you going to speak with:confused:
First of all, there are now two polls for favourite eppisode, as well as there having been previous polls relating to eppisodes already. I just think that if we poll eppisodes under numerous different catergories, it devalues the point of the poll as ultimatley you could end up with every eppisode being the best eppisode in a certain catorgory. In addition to this, one of the major themes and aspects of the later seasons (and some of the earlier ones) is the relationship between Malcolm and Reese and girls, therefore you end up with an extremely long list.

Second, it was a quip, I was stating that anyone who isnt a fan of bowling should discuss there ideas on the eppisode.

samboo1

o ok. Also i know that i forgot most episodes (which i did mention in the first place) but i have'nt seen some of the episodes you mentioned about having good girlfriend plots so i just listed some of the ones i could think of that ive seen.:)

Emrysgirl

elstarry said:
sorry to bug people but,what happens in the malcolm holds his tongue episode? sorry xx:confused:

Spoiler for old ep, but still:
Malcolm realizes that if he doesn't talk, he won't get into trouble. So he 'holds his tongue'. And everyone (including his girlfriend - Nicki) likes him and is nice to him. But, even though he keeps it to himself, he can't stop critisizing people. And at the end, right before he is put into a basketball game, he spits out blood from a peptic ulcer he had gotten because of the stress of having to hold things back.

Dewey

Minimalistic
What about episode 2.1 - 'Traffic Jam'?

Malcolm's love interest (Jessica) was also a murderer when her actress (Hallee Hirsh) starred in a very fine episode of Law and Order. - its a must see!

packer-backer

Who actually voted for Forbidden Girlfriend.:Sick:. I hate that episode so much. Whoever voted for that please, tell me why. I'm cuirious.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Forbidden Girlfriend was much better than Stupid Girl! At least Forbidden Girlfriend had a plot. (although I'm not the one who voted for it)

packer-backer

The Hal and Lois plot in Forbidden Girlfrien is kinda funny though. For those of you who can't remember what it is it's the one where Lois has to take the medication and they can't ave sex for a week. that was kind of funny.

Wemboy

The best episode on the list is Bowling, by an absolute mile. I didn't vote for it though, because I wanted to vote for an episode where the focus was on Malcolm (or Reese's) relationship with a girl, whereas Bowling is more to do with the different approaches to parenting that Hal and Lois have. So i voted for Malcolm's Girlfriend, which is not a highly rated episode at all, but i've always loved it. I really like the way that Malcolm becomes obsessive and neurotic, and lets other areas of his life suffer, just for the sake of his relationship. It's a good observation on the way that teenagers (boys especially) react to the problems they encounter during their first tentative relations with members of the opposite sex. The way Malcolm is portrayed as being stuck between childhood and adolescence is very touching and thoughtful, even if it is played for laughs aswell.

I also think it has one of the all time best MITM mealtime scenes, which are often used in the show to move plots on and be funny at the same time. I just love the way that Malcolm's relationship is slowly uncovered by the family, and then the way that they react, particularly Lois. It's got great lines too, like Hal unable to comprehend Malcolm having a girlfriend because he's still "goofy looking". Also, on a somewhat unconnected note, Hal wielding a knife at the end had me in stitches.