• Bots and the Bees

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Smunday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waterpark

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

packer-backer

I thought it might be interesting to know what everyones favorite episode is. Then i thought to make it into a poll. All you have to do is put your favorite episode and why. We'll start with Season 1. At the end of the month, I'll post the results. Thanks.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Everyone's Favorite Episode Poll

I thought it was difficult to choose my favorite top ten episodes and now I have to choose just one!? I jsut don't think I can. There's so many great ones...Pilot...Red Dress...Waterpark...Halloween Approximately....Bowling....Flashback...Emancipation...Dewey's Dog...Monkey...Zoo...Grandma Sues...If Boys Were Girls...Malcolm Films Reese...Block Party...Reese Joins the Army...Hal's Christmas Gift...Hal Sleepwalks...Butterflies...Stilts! How could you choose just one?

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Oh, I guess we should do this by season; I still can't decide--there's so many great ones from season 1! It's impossible.

yardgames said:
Bowling....
Bit off topic, i.e. not season 1, bowling is an AMAZING EPPISODE, its just soo original in its style- its certainly one of my favourite.

Season 1, I would have to say Krelboyne picnic, I can't really explain though, its hard to say, its probably just becuase it establishes a lot of characters and is REALLY funny. I also really like Red Dress

Hal_fan

I would have to say my favourite season 1 episode is rollerskates.As it is of course, a classic Hal episode.

samboo1

Yeah, i voted for Rollerskates as well. I like how the other brothers act about it, its funny. I also really like the bit when Malcolm tells Hal he wants lessons and the background goes black and Hal makes a big deal out of it!:D

Wemboy

Well I've got to admit I just picked a random episode in the end, there was a list of about ten that I was trying to pick from so it's impossible to say definitively what my favourite is. I ended up voting for Red Dress, mainly because after only half-watching the pilot, this was the episode which got me completely hooked. Also, it's kind of characteristic of a type of season one episode that we no longer see. Given that they're all grown up now, Lois can't use the same type of methods to punish them as she does on this occasion. It's very much kids vs Lois, whereas now they'd all be off doing their own thing, and are less likely to act as a unit like this.

I have to say though, if you're one of those fans whose come late to the show, and may not have seen the season one episodes, buy the dvd now! It's easily the best dvd i have in my collection, and i've got some quality comedy dvds if i say so myself:D ! I know people go on about this, but every episode from this season is an absolute, must see, classic. They're the type of thing that you can watch over and over and still find funny, so if i could have voted for the whole season instead of one episode i would have, even though that totally defeats the object of the poll.:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
There's sixteen eps in the season and you had a list of ten? Lol we would be better off choosing which eps we didn't like, wouldn't we?

arach

I really put some thought into my decision and here it is: I'd rather kill myself then choosing between one of the episodes. And since I'm really happy with living, I'll not vote on this poll. :D

Season 1 is my favourite season (which makes it even more difficult to decide), simply because it had so many classic episodes and moments. I really loved the Pilot, Red Dress, Rollerskates, Funeral, Home Alone 4, Smunday, Waterpark, The Bots and the Bees... hell I really love all of them. And I wouldn't want to miss one of the Cold Openers either... it's simply impossible for me to decide; in my opinion they're all perfect.

I'll vote on Season 2 poll. I already know which episode and all.

allison

It was really hard to decide, but I voted for Waterpark because I liked everything about this episode. Malcolm and Reese fighting at the waterpark and Dewey being alone with that weird babysitter and doing his table dance in the end. :D
Though I really like the 1st season I have to say it´s one of my least favourite seasons. I don´t know why, but maybe because it was mainly focused on Malcolm whereas the other characters weren´t that individual and important yet. I also think it´s a bit different from the other seasons. In season one Malcolm is the only normal person surrounded by a bunch of weirdos (be it his family or the Krelboynes). He´s the only character which was fully "developed" at this time. Dewey didn´t talk much, Reese only had the function of the brainless, older, bullying brother (ok, I know he also was like that in the following seasons, but later he changed a bit and when we got to know him better we found out that there´s a lot more to this character), Hal wasn´t that important etc.
I think each character has a special and own personanilty so I liked it when the show started to focus on Malcolm´s family as well. But still season 1 is great.

samboo1

So since wisconsinite will be posting the results soon, we are going to be starting a season 2 poll then are'nt we:confused:

monkey_091

I absolutely love Cheerleader. Up until then everyone pretty much thought Reese was a bully and nothing but that. Cheerleader shows his sensitive side and it was hilarious!!!