Food!!!

packer-backer

What is your guys favorite foods and favorite places to eat. I personally like pizza and chicken the best. My favorite places to eat out are Culvers ( A wisconsin restaraunt), Arbys, Red Lobster, T.G.I. Fridays, and Applebees. what about you guys.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I like japanese (especially sushi) and thai and most other asian food, though chinese isn't my favorite. I eat a lot of mexican food. I also really like greek, middle eastern, indian, italian. There really isn't much I don't like, frankly. I'm not a huge fan of BBQ. I tend to eat places that are cheap. I could list my favorite places, but no one would know them unless they were from portland.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
In my family, we have a rule: No ethnic food that ends in "ese"; Japanese, Chinese, "Mexicanese"...

In Wisconsin, we have brats. I don't know where else those have proliferated to yet, but those are good.

I don't like broccoli and couliflouer, but who does? Other than that, I'm pretty easy-going.

Jimmy Junior

I'm a big fan of Italian food but when I go out for dinner I'd rather go for something different; Japanese, Tapas (Spanish), Portugese... it's all good.
Apart from Italian, when I'm at home I love traditional English food, like a roast, pie and chips, or sausage and mash.
The place I eat out at most often is a place called the 'Market Diner' - it's a quality establishment (next to a market) that serves fried breakfasts 24hrs a day - just the job after a night out clubbing!

Other than that I don't really get the chance or have the money to eat out properly.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Well, if I had the choice, I would live off of Burger King. (I love those fries) But since I can't, I'll eat more-or-less anything I'm served. Except Oriental(korean, japanese, chinese), and Mexican food. I like Italian food, but the only problem with Italian food is(as my aunts joke goes) you'll have to eat again by next dinner.

That accually happened to me once, At my middle school, we have a "Student of the Month" thing, so once it was me :cool: and so we(the Student of the months from the 7th grade teams and 8th grade teams(we had 500 students in each grade, so they we organized into 4 teams each grade for the sake of not being chaotic, so about 125 kids were in a team)) went to this really fancy restraunt, and all ate our brains out, who cares, the school was paying for it, you know? 4 pieces of pizza, 8 chicken wings, a scoop of hard ice cream, 5 bread sticks, and 6 hand fulls of french fries. I did not eat for a day afterwards.

Dewey

Minimalistic
I love all kinds of cullinary delights from all over the world, but my favourite has got to be:
'Texas Cowboy Chili Spiced Filet Mignon':
Southwestern chili spiced filet of beef, served with cheese enchilada, roasted Anaheim chili and stewed pinto beans, accompanied by an Ancho chili-guava barbecue sauce.

With a glass (or three) of ice cold champagne - this simply put, is pure heaven on a plate!

Emrysgirl

Note - this post used to be reasonably sized...but I keep thinking of more food that I like.

I used to be indifferent to food like 5 years back. Now, I think about it all the time. My food preferances:

I'm vegetarian. No, I'm not a PETA freak (no offence to anyone who's actually into animal rights and stuff, but PETA just takes things too far)! It's more from tradition/habit than any convictions. More like: my family doesn't eat meat (also for the same reasons), so it was never cooked at home and by the time I started deciding what I ate, I was too old to try.

People always claim it's a handicap, but it really isn't. Vegetarian food, and good vegetarian food at that, is becoming more and more common in the US/EU etc. (I guess that's no thing I should thank PETA for...no, they're still freaks.)

I kinda have to like Indian food. I'd starve if I didn't:). Honestly though, I don't like going to Indian restaurants in the US. The food they serve is very, well, normal. I mean, I could get much better food for free at home. And it's really bland.

I love Italian food. Pizza, pasta, lasagna...all awesome. Recently tasted pesto - it was delicious.

On Pizza - LOVE St. Louis style Pizza. Love CPK pizza- it's so different. Like NY and Chicago Pizza. Don't look foward to, but will eat Pizza from the usual fast food places (Pizza Hut, Papa John's - well maybe not Papa John's after they put pepperoni in my pizza 3 times in a row).

I like American-Mexican food i.e. Taco Bell etc. I'm indifferent to authentic Mexican food.

The 'ese' foods - my opinion on Chinese food depends on which restaurant it's from. I've yet to try Japanese food. (On a related note: they recently invented a food printer which can print out sushi:eek:.) I very much dislike Vietnamese food.

yardgames said:
I don't like broccoli and couliflouer, but who does?
I like broccoli, so long as its not boiled...especially good in pasta con brocolli. Cauliflower is good when breaded...other than that I guess it's pretty bland.

But, more than the main dishes, it's all about the desserts! Chocolate Cake, Tiramisu, Pudding, Jello...aaah (And Parfait...everybody likes Parfait:D)

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
Emrysgirl said:
I kinda have to like Indian food. I'd starve if I didn't:). Honestly though, I don't like going to Indian restaurants in the US. The food they serve is very, well, normal. I mean, I could get much better food for free at home. And it's really bland.
I assume you are Indian then? Home made indian food is the best. I worked at a movie theater that these people would rent out to play indian movies, and the man's wife would make samosas and sell them. They were sooooo good. I can't find any restaurant that makes them as good.

I have lots of vegetarian friends. I think the quality of vegetarian food you can get depends on where you live. There are certain places in the US where it's extremely hard to eat vegetarian. I live in Portland, and you can't swing a cat around without hitting a vegetarian. There's lot of them here so it's very easy to find good vegetarian food. The best Indian food you can get here is from this little vegetarian indian food cart that has a really cheap lunch special. It's awesome.

And I like broccoli and cauliflour! And brussel sprouts. And asparagus. And green beans. And peas. I don't understand why so many people claim to hate peas. They're sweet.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That sounds good. I just had a fantastic steak for dinner last night. The flavors just jumped out inside your mouth.

Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions.

allison

I like italian and japanese food pretty much. I could eat kappa maki everyday. :D You don´t have to like fish to like sushi. I don´t eat much meat, but if I do I usually eat chicken. The funny thing is, when we were in America and went to an italian restaurant the food was very different from the food they serve in italian restaurants here. They put a lot more cheese and stuff on everything. I don´t know what australian food is like, but there are a lot of restaurants in Florida which are called "Outback" and I think they´re australian. I like the food there, too, but the servings are HUGE. :D But you can take your leftovers home with you. :D
I also like austrian food. "Palatschinken" is one of the greatest desserts ever.

Ryebeach

allison said:
I don´t know what australian food is like, but there are a lot of restaurants in Florida which are called "Outback" and I think they´re australian. I like the food there, too, but the servings are HUGE. :D But you can take your leftovers home with you. :D
The Outback restaurant is my favorite restaurant right up there with the Olive Garden and TGI Fridays. I like to go out to eat but don't eat much in the way of variety of foods. I like Prime Rib, Spaghetti, Salads, Grilled Chicken Sanwiches and Friend Shrimp. Chinese food is okay in moderation but that's about all I eat when I go out to dinner. :)

D

Deleted member 1693

Oh, man... I love Japanese and Chinese food. Well, American versions at least. Gyoza (pot stickers) are so good... I love sweet stuff... but candy and ice cream don't taste as good as they used to. Italian food is the bomb... Vegetables...? I only like them because my dad would verbally beat me if I left the table without eating them...

I would be getting hungry right about now, but I'm sick after eating a horribly greasy drumstick...