who would you pick for different cast?

samboo1

hi i was wondering who you would pick to play the family if the current cast did not now. I must say it is a hard question but ,please tell me what you think.:)I know that no-one can compare to the current cast, but i'd like to know what you think.

samboo1

samboo1 said:
hi i was wondering who you would pick to play the family if the current cast did not now. I must say it is a hard question but ,please tell me what you think.:)
hi again.just saying please reply!!!!:)also if you are visiting the site as a guest why not register?then you can leave comments and start threads!its great!:cool:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
The spamming isn't necessary; if the topic interests people, they will reply next time they visit the boards. Most people are not online waiting for topics 24/7.

I want to ask you one more time to refrain from using txt language, and use correct grammar, please, to make the boards easy for everyone to understand and enjoy. Thank you.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
To answer the question, in the season 1 commentary, they talk about some of the other options they had, but I agree wtih Linwood--no one could have done the part as well as Frankie. And Justin. And Bryan. And Jane. And Christopher. And Erik. They all do such a great job--they'll all perfect for their given roles; I couldn't imagine MITM with anyone else.

samboo1

yardgames said:
The spamming isn't necessary; if the topic interests people, they will reply next time they visit the boards. Most people are not online waiting for topics 24/7.

I want to ask you one more time to refrain from using txt language, and use correct grammar, please, to make the boards easy for everyone to understand and enjoy. Thank you.
oh.okay sorry.and how you said i should refrain from using txt language i was wondering what you mean since i havent used it since you told me the first time.thanks, and once again sorry.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You're still using txt. Correct grammar means using punctation and capitalization where necessary. Thank you. :)

arach

I can't imagine somebody else playing the characters. I'm so used to them and all. There is no substitute for them.

But I'm totally curious who you would pick samboo, since you already seem to have an idea?

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
arach said:
I can't imagine somebody else playing the characters. I'm so used to them and all. There is no substitute for them.

But I'm totally curious who you would pick samboo, since you already seem to have an idea?
First three sentences: I could not, and would not say anymore then that. :)

Last sentence: So am I. Enlighten us, please.

samboo1

arach said:

Ok, ok. I guess i dont know who would take the Wilkerson's place, but i was interested to see what other people thought. That is the point of threads is'nt it?:)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
samboo1 said:
Ok, ok. I guess i dont know who would take the Wilkerson's place, but i was interested to see what other people thought. That is the point of threads is'nt it?:)
The point of the fourms is to voice you're opinion too.:)

samboo1

ok, my opinion then. well... yeah i cant imagine mitm with anybody else, but that what we probably would be saying if it was someone else. But i do agree that the current cast play the given character perfectly.:)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
The reason we would say the same thing if it was someone else is because the show would be completely different. Bryan chose to play Hal as a little bit more low-key; had someone else played it, he may have played Hal as a bit more of a control freak, which may have led to more arguments between him and Lois, for exmaple, and then we could never imagine a low-key Hal.

I think a lot of the success of MITM has been luck. Being able to cast Frankie, Justin, Bryan, Jane, Erik, and Christopher was luck.

Wemboy

yardgames said:
I think a lot of the success of MITM has been luck. Being able to cast Frankie, Justin, Bryan, Jane, Erik, and Christopher was luck.
Funny you should say that, i was watching the commentaries on the dvd today and a similar point was made. Can't remember who it was, but someone commented on the casting of Erik Per Sullivan; they basically said it was luck that Erik had been able to take the character to another level, allowing the character to grow as he himself grew up in real life. He was essentially cast as a side character, just there for comic purposes and to be weird like Dewey was back then. They could never have known when they originally cast him that as an actor Erik would have the potential to play such a complex and integral part in the show.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, I guess I can't take all the credit; I've recently watched the commentary, so it was still circulating in my head.

Emrysgirl

Disclaimer: I've only skimmed this thread, so I might be repeating.

The characters we know are the current actors' interpretations of them. There is no one who could play the characters better because they're the ones that defined them. The only ones who could answer the question are the writers/directors etc. who had an idea of what the characters should be like before auditions.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You're right you are repeating. :) Sometimes, we're not completely boring people with nothing to say, dont' you even care about our thoughts!? :)