Wilkerson award show

allison

I hope this isn´t getting boring, but I made a new video. :D Since you´re giving out awards on this board I made a video where I gave out awards to the Wilkersons.
I had to make 2 files since one would have been too large to upload it. I called them "awards part 1+2" and of course you should watch part 1 first.
I tried to make it not too obvious who´s going to win the award, so maybe sometimes people win in a category though you wouldn´t have expected him to win. Ok, my explanation is pretty confusing, but maybe if you watch it you´ll understand what I mean. :p I hope you like it:

part 1:
http://www.sendmefile.com/00044369

part 2:
http://www.sendmefile.com/00044386

Emrysgirl

Very nice:)! I figured ot that if I reduce the ize of the window to 1.5inx1.5in, my computer doesn't hang. So I should go back and watch your old ones sometime.

arach

Well I didn't like it as much as your "best of" movies. Mostly because you picked the winners rather random without explaining why. And because I could think of better scenes to take in the certain categories..

But don't get me wrong, I really DO like your videos and I'm always glad to see new ones. But this time I missed something... don't know how to explain it though. Anyway, keep it up. :)

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
nice video, allison, i really liked it! Really impressive how much work you put into that.

allison

Thank you very much, guys!!! I wasn´t sure about that one, so I´m glad you liked it.

Aditi:

Nice to hear!! Where do you download them? Because I realized that most of them disappeared from the sites where I uploaded them.

arach:

No problem, I´m open to criticism. :D Just tell me, which scenes would you have used? The problem is, I don´t always want to use the same scenes for my videos (which I do too often, anyway) so I tried to pick out mainly scenes I haven´t used before. I can tell you the reasons why I made people win:
Though Dewey is a music genius I was looking for the best singer (and I never heard Dewey sing). I think that Malcolm´s song was the best, because Reese was funny, but...well :D , it was the same with Lois and Hal´s performance was pretty cool, but I gave Malcolm the award because he has a good singing voice (in my opinion) and he was alone.

Reese won the 2nd award because I definitely thought his scene was the most embarassing.

If I hadn´t shown the scenes of course I would have said that Hal is the craziest family member. But I didn´t want to make my choices too obvious, and judging by the scenes I thought that Lois legendary car crashing scene deserved special attention. :D

Jamie won the next category, because he was the only one who could make Lois despair. The other ones always tried to argue with her or outsmart her, but they all failed in their attempts. But I agree with you, maybe it wasn´t that obvious why jamie won.

The greatest criminal probably would be Francis or Reese, but judging by the scene again I thought Hal´s scene was the worst.

Maybe I should have given an explanation everytime. But they don´t do it when they give out real awards and to be honest, I just didn´t have this idea.

I hope this made my choices a bit clearer. :D

gottaluvem

Hollywood actr on the way
i didn't work for me :( after i downloaded it, it opened in windows media player, but then a window popped up saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is on another computer, verify that you are connected to the network. If you typed a path, verify that it is correct. If the problem persists, the server might not be available." does anyone know how to fix this?

allison

Sorry, I don´t know how to fix that.:( Is there something wrong with the file or is it the fact that you´re using windows media player? Because first I made a wmv file instead of a mpg file, because they´re smaller. But when I tried to watch it it opened in windows media player and didn´t work for me either. So I turned the video into a mpg file and it opened in Real player. Now it works for me. Maybe it´s because of your player.

Emrysgirl

allison said:
Where do you download them? Because I realized that most of them disappeared from the sites where I uploaded them.
I haven't done anything. I was just thinking that I should.

gottaluvem said:
Windows Media Player cannot play the file.
Windows Media Player never works for me (b/c of a problem with my computer), so I played it with QuickTime (however that's punctuated).

arach said:
And because I could think of better scenes to take in the certain categories..
I did that too, but not often. In the singing one, I was expecting to see "poopy poopy poopy poopy". I think there were one or two more, but I can't remember right now.

As to the criminal one, I can see why you made that choice. That award focused on the jail aspect rather than the actual crime. Hal certainly had the most spectacular arrest.

I still maintain, really really good job.

allison

Oh I see. If you want to watch one again, I can send it to you if it´s not available for a download anymore.

You´re right. I forgot about the poopy-poopy scene. Damn. :D If you have any other ideas for scenes, you could tell me and I could change it. I also thought of some other scenes I should have used.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
@gottaluvem, I had the same problem. Instead of choosing open, choose save and let it completely download the movie to your hard drive, then play it; should work fine.

arach

@allison:
Remember the scene when Hal smacked a strange woman (which he accidently thought was Lois) in the store with nothing more on with what appears to be a string tanga? That was pretty embarrassing. Or when he chased the cat down the street in his undies?
Craziest family member... hmm remember Hal seing all the little Hal's trying to give him advice how to handle the kids? When he ran out to the kitchen and screamed "Shuuuut uuuuup!" in front of them? :D
That are just a few scenes that came to my mind when I saw your video. It's probably just me, because my favourite character is Hal, so never mind. ;)

allison

blinddevil:

Thank you very much! I hope you also liked the 2nd part. :D

arach:

You´re right, these would have been pretty good scenes. I even thought of the scene where Hal sees all the little Hals who are trying to give him advice. But I deliberately didn´t use that scene because I´ve used it in another video already, and I don´t always want to use the same scenes because I thought it´s getting boring. (I know, I still do it sometimes, but I try to avoid it) :D
You´re right about the Tanga scene (I guess it´s from houseboat, isn´t it)? :D That was funny and probably better than the scenes I used.

samboo1

arach said:
Well I didn't like it as much as your "best of" movies. Mostly because you picked the winners rather random without explaining why. And because I could think of better scenes to take in the certain categories..

But don't get me wrong, I really DO like your videos and I'm always glad to see new ones. But this time I missed something... don't know how to explain it though. Anyway, keep it up. :)
Where can i see your other videos Allison?:)

J

JonAnd85

What a fantastic idea! I hope that you (Allison) will make some more awards in the future. For this award was a really good one.