Procrastination

Emrysgirl

After watching Francis waste his time concentrating on anything but his project in Reese Cooks, I've started noticing this behavior in myself. I find fascinatingly stupid ways of keeping myself busy and away from my real work. I'm pretty sure everyone does this, although perhaps some to a greater degree than others. So I thought I'd start a thread on it.

Ways I procrastinate:

• making paper clip chains (you wouldn't believe how annoyned my parents get with that)
  • searching for pennies scattered around the house/car etc. and counting them
  • A few days before watching said ep (I remembered this during the show and laughed for 2 mins straight), I followed a bug out of the room I was in, occaisionally nudging it with a piece of paper to keep it going, so that I wouldn't have to squash it and make a mess.
  • that dumb irritating number pattern/game thing. Anyone seen this before? 1-11-21-1211-111221 Well try that for 2(1/2) pages
  • creating pointless threads:D
How do you procrastinate?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I usually surf aimlessly on the Internet; of course, I don't procrastinate very often. I'm better than that. :)

Emrysgirl

Anybody figure out (or already know) what the number thing is? I'll repeat it

1-11-21-1211-111221-312211...

What's the next number?

arach

Ehrm... 69? I have no idea.

I usually surf around the internet a lot when I have to study. Like exactly NOW... darn I have to stick my nose into the book again. :rolleyes:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
42, it's the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything, and therefore, must be the next answer in the sequence.:D

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
Emrysgirl said:
Anybody figure out (or already know) what the number thing is? I'll repeat it

1-11-21-1211-111221-312211...

What's the next number?
I tried to figure it out, but I had to look it up. That's a neat one. I'll have to remember that. I won't put the answer since I cheated.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Instead of getting a job, I've opted to study a three year B.A. degree in a media related subject. If thats not procastination, then I don't know what is! :)

samboo1

I end up listening to a good song and then listening to it for ages, over and over again until i realise the time:D

socai

Help with Procrastination – Read the Cases!
Procrastination can be what makes the difference between a successful you and a typical you. I mean, we all have stuff to do all the time, and we do things that we hate doing and sometimes we delay the things that we truly dislike hoping that they will take care by themselves. The thing is, once this happens with just about everything in your life, you should really start worrying since procrastination may be knocking on your door. Procrastination is what makes life stressful and annoying, it what takes your free time away, and sends your opportunities out the door. Now you understand why it is so important to stop procrastination at once. Since procrastination presents itself in numerous forms, within this article we shall discuss about some of the most common types of procrastination, and how to overcome them. However, before we start, understand that in order to stop procrastination you have to really want to get ahead, you should want to really have your life organized in a way that will allow you to do the things you need to do and want to do.
• Dealing with the little things
In order to stop procrastination you have to understand why the little things should be dealt with at the appropriate time. You see, often when we have a huge project, we only take care of that and forget the little chores. The unfortunate part is that even if we forget about them, we still have to do them at one point or another - meaning that these will remain similar to some little irritants that will constantly prick on you. Soon, the little thing you delayed doing in the first place will increase your stress levels, will become bigger than it was due to the short time span remaining, not to mention the rest of the side effects such as goofing off on your big project and so on. The truth is, as soon as you start working on that little thing you realize it was not was bad as you thought it was in the first place. The easy solution for this case is never to leave the little things behind – in order to stop procrastination, it is easier to do the little things before you start the huge project, because after you actually finish them, you can take of whatever is important for you in peace and quiet.
Another way to stop procrastination with these types of situations is by adopting the “Do It Now!” habit – doing it right will add to a sense of righteousness, not to mention that it will improve your morale along the way. Oppressive, useless weight will be lifted from your shoulders, and you will finally be able to focus on the really important things in your life.
I will suggest you really good site which will really boost your self to overcome so called Procrastination

http://helpprocrastination.com/dont-be-a-victim/help-with-procrastination-–-read-the-cases.php