ABC's "Beautiful People" - what do you think about it?

admin

Retired Administrator
ABC Family Premieres "Beautiful People"
Watch As The Kerr Family Takes on New York City

Next week, ABC Family premieres "Beautiful People" - a fresh new Original Series about a newly-single mom and her teenage daughters as they move away from their small town life to chase their big city dreams. Watch as Lynn Kerr (Daphne Zuniga) comes face-to-face with her old college boyfriend--who is now married--for the first time in 20 years. At the same time, 15-year-old Sophie (Sarah Foret) tries to fit in with the beautiful people (the BPs) at a posh prep school in Manhattan , and quickly find herself attracted to two boys--one is a BP and the other is an outsider just like her. Sophie's older sister Karen (Torrey DeVitto) tries to break into the world of modeling and finds it much more difficult than she thought it would be. This coming-of-age drama follows these three women as they pursue their goals and encounter a world of challenges and temptations that they never imagined.

From the Executive Producer of "Dawson’s Creek," this compelling new series premieres on Monday, August 8 at 9pm/8pm central. To watch weekly video previews and get exclusive "Beautiful People" downloads and summer screen savers, click here.

What do people think about the above show, have a look around their site and tell us what you think. Well it work, will it be a one season wonder! Is it the next best thing, or something ABC will be chucking in the bin.

ABC have kindly sponsored us through their advertising agent to promote their new show, so I urge you to take a look even if inititally it doesn't appeal to you!

If you can't see the link above, I am afraid you fall into the same catergory as me, I can't see any of the ads I put on my own websites! There is little I can do about, all you can do is turn off your security, which isn't recommended! :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It seems to me to be a goofy move on ABC's part. A lot of these people aren't even in the United States; of those who are, even fewer get ABC Family. And there's obviously some people that don't see the advertisements in teh first place. I wonder what ABC hopes to get from this?

MITM18

From what, advertising?

What do you mean not alot are in the US, who are you referring too?

Looks interesting, just not my cup of tea.

admin

Retired Administrator
Well to be fair 80% (914,849 hits came from the US, and used up 2.99GB of bandwidth) of our visitors last month were from the US, and I am sure that a few of them have ABC Family :D

We had 1.2 million hits (not unqiue) last month, thats pretty impressive :D

MITM18

Yeah, just since its a UK hosted site doesnt mean Americans dont come, I'd say yeah its more Americans than UK people come to this site since MITM is an American show and premiers in America first than later in the UK.

PS: Yeah, the site is getting more attention since I have promoted it :D

Blow your own whistle there mitm18:D That doesn't really make much sense- to the US, the BBC shows repeats, however to the majority of the UK these eppisodes are brand new, but just being viewed at a later date.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
@David & MITM18: I would say a very high percentage, if not most, of the regular posting members here are not from the United States. You can say that a given percent is from the US, but a lot of the sites on which MITM18 promotes the site bring American visitors, yes, but not regular visitors. They may see teh ads once or twice, but that's about it. On any forum, a very small percentage of people who visit will actually register and an even small percentage will visit the site more than once.

@MITM18, before you start getting all weird and defensive, I'm defending my point, not personally attacking you.

I agree, I think there is an even distribution from all sorts of different areas- the UK, US, Austria, Germany, Canada (sorry if i missed anyone out)

admin

Retired Administrator
yardgames said:
@David & MITM18: I would say a very high percentage, if not most, of the regular posting members here are not from the United States. You can say that a given percent is from the US, but a lot of the sites on which MITM18 promotes the site bring American visitors, yes, but not regular visitors. They may see teh ads once or twice, but that's about it. On any forum, a very small percentage of people who visit will actually register and an even small percentage will visit the site more than once.
But whats cunning, is that to click on the links/adverts we only need visitors not posters, therefore the actual visitor statistics are more important as people are more inclinde to click on a link to a glossy new TV programme than the posting - they don't even have to be interested in MITM. I See you point, but you must remember that this is about guests and idle members as well as active members :D

@MITM18 if you want to bring anymore American visitors to the site via news articles feel free - its very much in the forums interest currently :D

admin

Retired Administrator
Even though it may not always sound appealing, I would appreciate if people click on the link and take a look at the website anyway - you can't always judge a programme by words, have a look at the trailers and vidoe clips on the site! Just think of it as helping out this website! :D

Those of you who do find it interesting, or not as the case may be, post back here with your thoughts on the trailer, and TV programme.