From Russia with Love

theblinddevil

Has anyone heard of the upcoming Bond game "From Russia with Love"? It is coming out in october/november and is still in the maknig but the interviews and gameplay i have seen seem really good. I'm not a huge game fan, but i'm a pretty big Bond fan. The previous Bond games have been a bit repetitive and boring (besides the car missions :D) but from what i have heard of the new game, it should be great. I doubt anyone will wan't to watch 20 mins of interviews/gameplay footage so i will list some of the things that sounded good. Keep in mind these points have been said by the executive producer of the game who is obviously not going to say anything bads about it.

Firstly, it is a Sean Connery!! Sean ofcourse has signed up for the voice. One thing that sounded really good is that they are sticking to the story of the movie FRWL, so it not only will have a great storyline, but if you have seen the movie it will be fun to play it out and see what bits they added to it. Even though it is set in the 60's, it still has many gadgets. There is now a jetpack which is one of the msot boasted about features :). In the old games, there were seperate missions for shooting/driving but now they are all going to be combined so you can go to shooting to driving to jetpack to stealth in the same mission. One thing that i think makes a game really good is when they add rpg elements into them. FRWL will have rpg elements in it, bassically if you do good stuff and act like bond, you can unlock better guns and whatever. I have both seen the movie and read the book so i really want to see how the game turns out.

Beisdes the car missions i have always thought the old Bond games were a bit rubbish and repetitive but i hope the new one will be good. Actually, the other day i was thinking they should make a movie themed Bond Game, and then i saw they were actually doing it. I can imagine one of two things happening. The first is that the game will be great fun, especially if you have see the movie. The second is that the gameplay will be exactly the same as the previous game, the story will be good but the game will be crap and boring. I'm going to rent it before buying it just to check how good it is first.

Anyone heard of the game? Or thought it sounds good?

admin

Retired Administrator
theblinddevil said:
Has anyone heard of the upcoming Bond game "From Russia with Love"? It is coming out in october/november and is still in the maknig but the interviews and gameplay i have seen seem really good. I'm not a huge game fan, but i'm a pretty big Bond fan. The previous Bond games have been a bit repetitive and boring (besides the car missions :D) but from what i have heard of the new game, it should be great. I doubt anyone will wan't to watch 20 mins of interviews/gameplay footage so i will list some of the things that sounded good. Keep in mind these points have been said by the executive producer of the game who is obviously not going to say anything bads about it.

Firstly, it is a Sean Connery!! Sean ofcourse has signed up for the voice. One thing that sounded really good is that they are sticking to the story of the movie FRWL, so it not only will have a great storyline, but if you have seen the movie it will be fun to play it out and see what bits they added to it. Even though it is set in the 60's, it still has many gadgets. There is now a jetpack which is one of the msot boasted about features :). In the old games, there were seperate missions for shooting/driving but now they are all going to be combined so you can go to shooting to driving to jetpack to stealth in the same mission. One thing that i think makes a game really good is when they add rpg elements into them. FRWL will have rpg elements in it, bassically if you do good stuff and act like bond, you can unlock better guns and whatever. I have both seen the movie and read the book so i really want to see how the game turns out.

Beisdes the car missions i have always thought the old Bond games were a bit rubbish and repetitive but i hope the new one will be good. Actually, the other day i was thinking they should make a movie themed Bond Game, and then i saw they were actually doing it. I can imagine one of two things happening. The first is that the game will be great fun, especially if you have see the movie. The second is that the gameplay will be exactly the same as the previous game, the story will be good but the game will be crap and boring. I'm going to rent it before buying it just to check how good it is first.

Anyone heard of the game? Or thought it sounds good?
As yet I haven't heard much about it, but then again there are only 3 game series I have ever bought to date! (GTA, Splinter Cell and Hitman) but this does look good. I agree with you totally though, James Bond games have been really disappointing, boring and repititive. I believe that to do this successfully they need to make their own "bond" film up, rather than leech off a film - the reason is because the films look great on film, but would they look good on PC + where is the surpise - you already know the ending.

From what you say it looks like they are stealing a few ideas from the new Hitman game Blood Money, which looks amazing... I guess we will have to wait and see....

I never buy a game without seeing gamespots review first, I know people say they are harsh and all, but you know when gamespot says its good it is good.

admin

Retired Administrator
The latest splinter cell is a master piece it really is amazing, it has storyline, cinematic graphics and the gameplay is just immence. I would recommend buying it :D

Dewey

Minimalistic
When I saw the title to this thread: "From Russia with Love" - I thought it was a greeting. It sounds a bit like something one might write on a postcard whilst taking a vacation.

Please tell me, I'm not the only one that thought that!

But regarding the computer game, I know nothing!