PDA

View Full Version : Who is Vincent?

yardgames
Jul 14, 2005, 06:22 PM
Ok, I was playing the game in the chat room where I try and remember what everyone's real name is, and I kept calling arach Vincent. I have no idea why, but his name is Harry, and I kept calling him Vincent. Now, it is driving me crazy. Who here has the name Vincent??

allison
Jul 14, 2005, 06:24 PM
I´m really not sure, but I think it´s blinddevil. Sorry if I´m wrong. :D

arach
Jul 14, 2005, 06:29 PM
Maybe its Amigo.

Dewey
Jul 14, 2005, 06:32 PM
Maybe its Vincent Van Gogh

...or Vincent Price

allison
Jul 14, 2005, 06:35 PM
Maybe its Amigo.
Amigo is a girl.:D

theblinddevil
Jul 14, 2005, 06:35 PM
I´m really not sure, but I think it´s blinddevil. Sorry if I´m wrong. :D
You were right, i'm Vincent :D

arach
Jul 15, 2005, 05:27 AM
Amigo is a girl.:D What?!? He (no... she!) never told me that... :(

yardgames
Jul 24, 2005, 10:47 AM
Ok, I will try and remember.

theblinddevil=vincent
jimmy junior=adam
arach=harry
admin=david
allison=tess
mitm18=mitm18, by request of him
garbage kills megan=ironically, megan
j=justin
emrysgirl=janus
tjpeople=tj
amigo22=i honestly have no idea
dabney=dabney??
wemboy=tom
ryebeach=ryan? no, that's too easy. his username is named after the town in which he lives, but I don't remember hsi name....

who did I do?

Dabney
Jul 24, 2005, 12:45 PM
No, my real name is andy. I don't remember any other names either. No, wait, MITM-Fan = Dan. But that's all.

allison
Jul 24, 2005, 01:37 PM
You´ve got it wrong, again. My name is TessA. :D

yardgames
Jul 24, 2005, 02:17 PM
lol allison, you must go by Tess some of the time? Are you honestly telling me that I'm the only one that calls you Tess instead of Tessa?

allison
Jul 24, 2005, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I´m honestly telling you that you´re really the only one. :D I´ve got an e-mail friend who sometimes writes tess, but people around me never call me Tess. Never mind. ;)

yardgames
Jul 24, 2005, 06:57 PM
Does anyone (not on the boards) ever call you allison?

Emrysgirl
Jul 24, 2005, 07:24 PM
janus????:confused: Where did you get that? My real name's Aditi. But I don't want to be called that.

again, janus????

yardgames
Jul 24, 2005, 10:20 PM
Additi? That's an odd name A nice name, though, why wouldn't you want to be called that?

allison
Jul 24, 2005, 11:30 PM
Does anyone (not on the boards) ever call you allison?
No, that´s just my nickname on this board. Though I´d prefer Allison to Tessa.:D

Emrysgirl
Jul 25, 2005, 03:13 AM
Aditi? That's an odd name A nice name, though, why wouldn't you want to be called that?(I corrected your typo)

I actually don't care. You can call me Aditi if you want to.

It is a nice name and I do like it. I was just a little frustrated and sick of it when I wrote that post.

(EDIT: CAUTION mini-rant(not dirrected at you)). You see, I'd just come back from this orientation thingy where about 20 people had pestered me about how to pronounce my name right even though they're never going to get it. You have no idea how annoying that gets. I mean, just pick a mispronunciation and sitck with it!! Earlier, when people asked my if they were pronouncing my name right, I used to say close enough. But that just encourages them. Why can't they understand that I want them to stop?! Now, even though I tell them that whatever strange pronunciation they pick is correct, they still keep asking me. Nothing works! I've actually had people argue about which mispronunciation of my name was right.
(rant over)

And, it's not really weird. It's Indian. It's not common, but it's not unusual. It's the name of a Hindu goddess. Aditi is the mother of all gods. But the name has several meanings and thankfully that's not the one I was named after. The one I WAS named after is boundless.

yardgames
Jul 25, 2005, 10:46 AM
Is it Uh-dee-tee?

Emrysgirl
Jul 25, 2005, 12:22 PM
Is it Uh-dee-tee? Sort of. Like I said, close enough. Probably as close as you'll get. I've been in the US for 5 years now and haven't met a single person who could pronounce it right. Uh is right. The d is not hard...there's an h sound...think of the word thee, only with less emphasis on 'ee'. And I can't think of a single english word that contains the last syllable.

packer-backer
Aug 18, 2005, 01:11 AM
heres one to add to your list my name is CJ

yardgames
Aug 18, 2005, 10:32 AM
Good to meet you CJ, have fun posting.

Lucky Maroon
Dec 29, 2007, 01:42 PM
Vincent is a very nice name. My dad has a friend named that. It's my second favorite name behind Oliver. I don't know why I like that name so much. I masquerade under it in many forums, almost as much as I do Lucky Maroon.

And if you didn't know, my name is Paloma. But I posted it in two different places anyway, so most should know. :P