Change the Opening Credits

reese35

I know that the final season won't change anything, including the comedy, the drama, and the credits especially, but I was thinking. If you had the chance to change the opening credits, what would you do? Only reason I asked is because I think it deserves a facelift, like at the start of season 7. Like the title says...

PLEASE DON'T BITE MY HEAD OFF!

MITM18

Re: Please Don't Bite My Head Off, But...

Nobody is going to bite your head off, never be afraid of speaking your mind :)

Anyways, if I could change it, I'd put footage after the credits so the viewer would have to watch the credits to watch the entire episode but thats only if I was getting paid to work on the show.

This works since people unlike what MITM is reguarly people dont watch the credits since its nothing new and shut it off after the last scene.

Emrysgirl

When I first started watching the show, I didn't care much for the opening credits because it's hard to tell who's who (especially in the credits for later seasons). But, you can always look that up online. I think the current opening credits go very well with the nature of the show: random, quirky.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

How could you even ask that question? You should be ashamed of yourself, I can't believe you!

Is that what you meant? I'm just kidding, and I don't think anyone would ever "bite your head off." We're much nicer than the Fox forums.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused here: are we discussing the opening credits, like with the TMBG theme, or the closing credits that no one watches because they're just overlayed some commercial?

MITM18

Yeah now that I read it, I think he must have meant the opening titles that include the credits of the main characters.

The only thing I see changing is replacing the clips from newer episodes.

allison

I think the opening credits they used for the first episode were better than the one which replaced them. As Emrysgirl said you don´t know who´s who (I mean I think most people know who´s who, but for those people who aren´t that much into the show and don´t want to look it up online it would be better if you could find out by watching the opening credits). But on the whole it´s pretty good, because it really fits the concept of the show (confusing, quirky...)

Dewey

Minimalistic
I say keep them as they are...but more clips from the Japanese animation. We don't see much Japanese Anime on our screens much..and we can never have too much either.

I like the amatuer style to them, it makes them far less clinical and far more different as the nature of the show intends. Im sure they update the credits to a certain extent each season- dont they insert more up to date clips from the previous season?

Amigo22

Super Moderator
This is related to the ending credits rather than the opening credits, but here in Australia they also overlayed the ending credits with ads - and always for different shows. It would make sense if they advertised the next week's episode in that time, especially for people who don't watch much TV (like me). Because each episode doesn't follow on from the previous, it wouldn't make sense to have footage for the ending credits like they had on shows like Friends.

The Opening credits; the only thing I would change on those is add in Jamie, and also the clips should be updated at the start of a new season, which yes they have done, but not for every season.

admin

Retired Administrator
Amigo22 said:
The Opening credits; the only thing I would change on those is add in Jamie, and also the clips should be updated at the start of a new season, which yes they have done, but not for every season.
I completely agree with that, It would be really good to have a few clips of Jamie added to the opening sequence

Ryebeach

Opening credits are a definition of a show as they are the very first thing viewers (especially new viewers) see and in my opinion, after this many years, they are as much a part of the show as Hal, Lois, Dewey et al are. If they were changed this late in the game, I'm just not sure how I'd feel about it.