Silly, Useless but interesting...

I thought people on this site hve such diverse MITM knowlege, why not set up dedicted thread. Basically post any silly MITM facts or bits of information that you find interesting. I'll start:

There are approximatley 2947.5 minutes of mitm (currently prior to season 7)
Thats 49.2 hours
Therefore (assuming you don't need sleep) it would take you 2 and a half days nonestop to watch all eppisodes
If you are not bionic (sleeping for 7 hours) it would take you just under 3 days to watch all MITM

(Just preparing you for when all of MITM comes out on DVD!!)

*All numbers are approximations and not completley exact (MITM18)

admin

Retired Administrator
Not directly about MITM, but about the MITMVC (Our Episode Guide or the Main VC)

1,540 MITM fan members
1,994 MITM related quotes/comments/pics posted
12,261 Votes cast for episodes
181,076 Episode Hits
8808 Hits on most popular season, Season 6
4995 Hits on most popular episode, Dewey's Special Class
4.73 rating of best episode Red Dress
1.73 rating of worst episode Houseboat
204 votes on most voted episode the Pilot
617 image downloads of Pilot

Top Episodes / Season

1 Red Dress
2 Malcolm vs. Reese
3 Hal's Birthday
4 Baby (1)
5 Dewey's Special Class
6 Stilts

Top 5 Episodes of All Time

1 Red Dress
2 Dewey's Special Class
3 Malcolm vs. Reese
4 Stilts
5 Rollerskates

The MITMVC for those are don't know is our voting community, its a seperate sister site of the forum where members can vote on each of their favourite episodes leave comments, their favourite quotes etc. Clicking on "Episode Guide" at the top will take you to the MITMVC.

allison

Unfortunately I don´t have any silly facts to share, but I made another video. It´s not so great, i just tried to make a "sad" video since MITM is a pretty funny show. I know that sounds silly, but I just wanted to try if this is possible (And when I´m sad myself I love to do sad stuff lol) Maybe you´ll know some scenes from previous videos (sorry about that:D) but I hope you still like it. You can download it here:

http://www.sendmefile.com/00017683

I have one fact to share, though: Cloris Leachman´s son died the day Justin was born (2/25/86)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
that's only 13 days after my birthday, minus the year.

Here are two stories, not really useless, but silly and interesting:

Justin Berfield once threw a smoke bomb at Frankie, he threw it back, into the studio, but Justin was gone, he set the smoke alarm off, but Justin got in trouble.

Justin and Erik, and Frankie used to take chairs and prop them up againist port-a-poties, so the crew couldn't get out.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
Someone posted about it on the mitm_addicts group on livejournal. This is what they said:

Oh man, Im watching the episode where Lois visits her mother in that "nursing home" and make her bake that enormous tart. (Also where Malcolm & Dewey become deaf from learning music appreciation). That dance they performed with the beams is from MY COUNTRY, the Philippines! Not from that Ukranian-type place like in their costume, right? It was just weird. I had a sudden rush of pride and wanting to write to the producers for them to get it right haha.

Emrysgirl

Garbage Kills Megan said:
Someone posted about it on the mitm_addicts group on livejournal. This is what they said:

Oh man, Im watching the episode where Lois visits her mother in that "nursing home" and make her bake that enormous tart. (Also where Malcolm & Dewey become deaf from learning music appreciation). That dance they performed with the beams is from MY COUNTRY, the Philippines! Not from that Ukranian-type place like in their costume, right? It was just weird. I had a sudden rush of pride and wanting to write to the producers for them to get it right haha.
I'm wondering how specificly he/she meant i.e. if he/she could identify any of the moves. Because the general concept of dancing b/w snapping beams exists in many cultures. Some of my classmates (when I was in India) did a more simplified version of it (and with multiple people) and accredited it to a state in east India. And I know it exists in other cultures too.

300th post:D

allison

Thanks for that information. I didn´t know that Erik and Justin are jewish. That´s cool. Unfortunately I don´t know to which religion the other actors belong.

Here´s another fact which probably most people already know:
Stevie was actually just supposed to be in the first episode and Lloyd only became a regular because of his performance on the stage in "Krelboyne picnic".

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Re: Silly, Useless but interesting...

That doesn't mean they are a Jew. That just means that they are related to a Jewish person. Like a jewish father, or grandmother. The person who compiled the list is a bit over-enthuastic. It mentions people who were formerly Jewish, and people who had a Jewish parent sometime in the past. So basicly, it's not really true.

arach

Jep, I looked at the description again yesterday and was pretty disappointed.

You already get into the list if you have one jewish parent. You don't even have to practice judaism, not even avow to be jewish.

"Individuals listed may have only one Jewish parent (though that is usually noted). They may have never practiced Judaism, and may even have adopted another faith, or may be secular or atheist."