what happened to Stevie?

SaD_bUt_TrUe16

I hope I'm not the only one to notice, Stevie was barely on the show s6... They've had all the Krelboyrnes (sp) disappear slowly, but it seems Stevie has gone from a frequent character to a guest... I think Stevie is an important character, definetly the most important non-family character.

So, where is he?

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Yes, i noticed that, too. He appears in some episodes, like in Malcolm's car, but he isn't around Malcolm all the time anymore. It's really a pity, i liked him a lot. But i would also like to see all the other Krelboynes again in an episode, maybe together with Caroline Miller. That would be nice.

MITM18

Her time is over, she isnt coming back as there is no reason for her to come back and there is that contract situation.

She was recently in a movie named The Baxter.

I doubt even if they asked her she would since any actor has to move on and do something different.

MITM18

What would be the point of bringing old characters to have a scene like "look how you have grown"?

Emrysgirl

I miss Stevie too. I don't think they should make him a central character, such as in Kitty's Gone, he should just be there while Malcolm does strange stuff.

I would like to see the Krelboynes again. I wasn't particularly sad about any of the other regulars (such as Caroline, Eric, Spangler, Craig) leaving the show. I enjoyed them when they were there, but, as MITM18 put it, their "time was over". They did all they could have with the characters. The Krelboynes were, however, very badly phased out.

MITM18

While I am just guessing on this part I do think that it was that there wasnt enough of the class to show them together since they most have left their parted ways to other shows or to other mediums.

So it would be confusing maybe if they showed the class with different actors playing as the old ones.

While they could just say he went into a new class with new people it wouldnt be the same also its too late in the show to do this.

Ryebeach

It certainly seems as though Stevie has appeared less and less as the seasons have progressed. By my count, he appeared in only 4 episodes in season 6: Kitty's Back, Malcolm's Car, Dewey's Opera and Ida Loses a Leg. I think this has to do with the direction the writers have gone with the characters. There is only so much time in each episode and I think the priority should be to have screen time and storyline for the regulars before the recurring stars. While it's been sad to see less and less of Stevie as I have always like the character, he appears so infrequently because we haven't seen Malcolm at school. We only seem to see him outside of school or at work where as teenagers get older, they don't always hang out with their school friends as much outside of school which would be one explanation.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
We also saw him in Dewey's Opera, where he raced against Malcolm on a street luge.

As a teenager, I can tell you that teens don't want to see their friends outside of school less, but often that's the case just because of time constraints. And when you start getting into honors classes like Malcolm's Conversational Latin, there's probably just too much homework to much time to "hang out" with friends anymore.