no father...

Status
Not open for further replies.

prettyburd

my father is in prison for life for beating my mom and almost killing a police officer. i have no memories of him since he went away when i was just born, he wasn't even there for my delivery. i feel like something is missing from me even though i didn't know him that much. any advice on how to overcome this? i don't want to feel like it's my fault anymore. i love my dad i mean come on he's my flesh and blood but how do i erase him from my bad feelings?? ADVICE PLEASE!!

MITM18

I am no pychologist and it would be wrong to give you advise since I am not experienced in that field, if you really want help I'd suggest going to a pychologist.

Have you ever asked your close friends or your mom?

prettyburd

i really want your advice doctor or no doctor. this isn't really tearing me apart and i cant eat or sleep because of it, its just it gets on my nerves. my mom doesn't like to talk about him and once i asked if i could visit him, to find out more so i won't have unanswered questions but she said never. i hate doctors plus so ill never go to one for help give me ur advice please ill take it...:rolleyes:

MITM18

Well I know what not to do when you have pain like that for example no drugs, alcohol, etc.

While nothing can cure as you want a father figure, maybe if you write your feelings on paper you can better understand what your really "lacking" instead of jumbled thoughts in your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.