Postage Stamp Speed?

Dewey

Minimalistic
If I was to post two letters in the UK; one with a first class stamp and one with a second class stamp at exactly the same time. This means they are placed in the same mail box. Both letters are heading for the same destination address.

What would be the difference in time between receiving the two letters, and at what stage of the delivery process would the second class letter get 'left behind'?

admin

Retired Administrator
Re: Question of the day (July 4)

Please ensure that in future your thread title is fully informative as to the question, if you wish to do anymore of these 1 question 1 answer threads then please put them in the same thread.

If everyone here did a "question of the day" everyday, not only would we have a ton of completely useless thread titles with no relvance to the content, but it would also be rather clutered.

We do encourage participation, but it works two ways. You are quite welcome to ask questions like the above for people to answer, but when you are turning it essentiallly into your own daily quiz - this is the point you require one single thread.

Please feel free to use the MITM section of the forums, you have a rather exclusive username there, which I am sure many people would love to have, so don't spend all your time in our general section. :D

I am going to rename all you "question of the days"

Jimmy Junior

As I understand it 1st class post is usually delivered the next working day provided it is in that day's collection, whereas 2nd class post takes a couple of days.
What I don't understand is where the 2nd class post delay comes into place. Does it just sit in a mailbag in the sorting office or something?