When did you first watch MITM?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Im starting this thread mainly because i have a sorta interesting story to tell about how i first saw mitm.

well its was summer 2000, and i was on holiday in america, season 1 had being running since jan of that year so i wasnt new there, (i knew nothing bout mitm btw) and i was staying in cape cod and as you do i was watching a bit of american tv, cant say what channel just looking around and the i came to a show, had a bike in it and some kids on a roof and it was abouts brother.........who i remeber fightening and getting into trouble.

now i didnt realsie/ note it was mitm, untill back in the uk i dunno must have been good few months later there it was on bbc2 - and it came back to me that this was the show i had seen in the US.

cant remeber what ep, it may be mixed up in my mind with new eps, anyway...

since then ive been a huge fan.

you people got a story?

admin

Retired Administrator
tjpeople said:
Im starting this thread mainly because i have a sorta interesting story to tell about how i first saw mitm.

well its was summer 2000, and i was on holiday in america, season 1 had being running since jan of that year so i wasnt new there, (i knew nothing bout mitm btw) and i was staying in cape cod and as you do i was watching a bit of american tv, cant say what channel just looking around and the i came to a show, had a bike in it and some kids on a roof and it was abouts brother.........who i remeber fightening and getting into trouble.

now i didnt realsie/ note it was mitm, untill back in the uk i dunno must have been good few months later there it was on bbc2 - and it came back to me that this was the show i had seen in the US.

cant remeber what ep, it may be mixed up in my mind with new eps, anyway...

since then ive been a huge fan.

you people got a story?
In the olden days BBC2 used to show The Simpsons, and it happened that the TV was left on afterwards and as I started watching I started to enjoy, the first episode I watched was infact Red Dress, I didn't know it at the time. I didn't actually start watching it properly till "The Bots and the Bees", and from then on I was addicted :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I started watching with "Waterpark" because I had seen the show got good ratings for its first season. I loved Waterpark, but that was the end of the season, and it was in repeats all summer. It took me years to figure out "Traffic Jam" was the conclusion to "Waterpark". I was just wondering for awhile, What is the continuation of that to be continued ep?

But I almost didn't keep watchcing, because the following week, I saw Francis Escapes. I was a bit young for that episode at the time, so I didn't understand it and didn't particularily enjoy it. I decided to give it one more chance the following week, hoping maybe they would show that conclusion to Waterpark. It was "Red Dress" that week and by then I was hooked.

tiny_star_5

Well back when Malcolm first started, my dad said that there was this really funny new show on and he told me to watch it, so I did, and I remember laughing non-stop. It was only the second episode, "Red Dress" and I've been watching ever since.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
The very first MITM episode I saw was the Red Dress episode. One night I was on the computer in my room and my brother was across the hall in his room watching TV. The show he was watching sounded interesting, so halfway through I went in to watch, just after I heard the "life is unfair" chord as it cut to an ad break. I went in and said "what's on?" and he said "Malcolm in the Middle". When the ad break finished, MITM was halfway through, it was one of the scenes of the boys in their bedroom. The next week I was in my room and Blake called out that MITM was on, and when I went to the lounge to turn it on, the episode itself (after the cold opener and title credits) had already started. From that day on I was hooked.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
red dress, spooky everybody watched that ep first except me.....

it was probly 1 of the latter eps i saw in season1 because i couldnt find it 2 downloads for a while.....

i guess cause its ep 2 ppl seen the first say its good and loads of ppl watch the second. but most of u guys like me saw it by accident, so who knows....

dizzy

I watched it from the beginning. There was an article on this show in the tv guide when it first aired, it was very positive about the show so i decided to watch and i never stopped watching

arach

I saw an interesting MitM-trailer on some Austrian TV-channel in 2001, so I decided to watch the pilot. I found it quite amusing and watched MitM every once in a while.

Then, after a year or so, I got all the english episodes on DVD and watched it regularly. It's really much better in english (like almost every TV-series i know. The german translation and the voices suck). Now I'm a frequent Malcolm watcher and i'm really looking forward to when season 6 continues.^^

Wemboy

I watched it from when it first started on BBC2. Kind of half watched the pilot and that was what got me hooked, so I've watched it religiously since then. The reason I started watching though, is that back then the BBC actually bothered to trail the show and give it some publicity, whereas now they seem content to treat it as "cult viewing" and consequently most people don't even know it's still being shown. Why do I waste my money on a license fee to pay for those halfwits?

weirdojace

Darn late fandom...

Just last year. My friend had the season 1 DVD and asked me if I wanted to watch it. I said sure, and we watched Rollerskates, Cheerleader, the Pilot, and a few others. I could not stop laughing! Been watching ever since.

mitmgeek

I've watched the pilot episode when it first aired, and I've only missed watching new episodes twice since then.

Gouki

I watched the Pilot and at first, I thought it was pretty bad actually (it didn't help that I missed the first half), but everyone of my friends told me that it was so good. So, I stuck with it and, hurrah, it was. And on repeat viewings, the Pilot is a lot better.

ThomasT

Here in Finland, the show started in summer 2001 from season 1 to the season 2 - traffic jam- episode. Last spring (2004) we saw the seasons 2-4.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
My grandfather, my parents and myself would watch The Simpsons, then MITM, the King of the Hill of Fox sunday nights. I was already a vivid Fox watcher, I saw all the ads in between The Simpons and was glued to the TV when MITM was on ever since.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You must win the award for shortest username ever!

I used to enjoy Malcolm like that too, but with all the time-switching the rest of the family would rather watch Alias last year and 60 Minutes this year.

When I can get them to watch it, everyone enjoys it, the getting to watch is the hard part!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I agree, but my parents kind of don't like it any more, and my grandfather doesn't remember all the way back to 2000 and 2001. So now it's just me and the the tv every week day at 6:30 and every sunday at 7:30 (Eastern Time).

About the user name, I pride my self in my shortness.