MITM Online

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That would be nice, wouldn't it. Basically, if Fox were to do that, they could just release the DVDs and make everyone happy, but that hasn't happened yet.

MITM18

They have started in its first stages at Yahoo but its extremly limited.

Eventually the TV industry will go to that venue but not now.

The DVD's will be released eventually, I rather have a boxset since it will decrease the final price of all of them combined if they were sold seperatly but I get it for free so it doesnt really matter but I rather have a boxset since its easy to organize.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
As an amateur filmmaker, I keep up on things like Google Video.

They're starting a new program where filmmakers can submit their videos for free. (e.g. Google will host them for free) and anyone in the world can watch them for free. The filmmakers can also set a price on the video; Google will take just a small chunk and the filmmaker gets the rest. Maybe Fox would upload them there, and make money on a per-viewer basis, rather than trying to sell x amount of DVDs.

https://upload.video.google.com/video_faq.html

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It appears that the Google Video Player (it's new, so I just tried it) basically embeds into your web browser, and plays the movie right in the web page. I would think it would be easier and more cost-effective to use WMP and standard digital rights management (e.g. Janus) but as it looks right now (the paid services haven't been launched yet--everything is free, as of now) it's going to be more ofa pay-per-view type thing. You get to watch it once per payment, would be my guess.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I've done a couple of general interest movies. One called Hat; we did a Christmas one called The 12 Miseries of Christmas.

I usually use Pinnacle Studio Plus, but I occasionally use Adobe Premeire Pro, as well. Powerful stuff. I outgrew WMM years ago.

MITM18

No see Google Video where you see actual shows are just images of shows you can watch on TV

Can I play the videos that Google Video finds?

Some of the videos are only still images while others allow playback. Videos that offer playback will be labeled with a triangle play icon in the search result.

http://video.google.com/videoprevie...he+Middle&date=Tue+Feb+22+2005+at+6:30+PM+PST

and this is where you can watch the full episode

KBHK - UPN Network - Tue Feb 22 2005 at 6:30 PM PST - 30 minutes

yardgames

Retired Administrator
MITM18 said:
No see Google Video where you see actual shows are just images of shows you can watch on TV

Can I play the videos that Google Video finds?

Some of the videos are only still images while others allow playback. Videos that offer playback will be labeled with a triangle play icon in the search result.

http://video.google.com/videoprevie...he+Middle&date=Tue+Feb+22+2005+at+6:30+PM+PST

and this is where you can watch the full episode

KBHK - UPN Network - Tue Feb 22 2005 at 6:30 PM PST - 30 minutes
Right, like I said, they haven't launched the paid services yet. If you try searching for ps3 for example, you'll see a few movies that can actually be played. Right now, it primarily searches the closed captioning, I believe. The paid model will probably launch eventually, and maybe at that time, Fox will allow you to pay to see an ep of MITM online.

MITM18

As of now thats not planned.

See Google Video's plan is not to have every video online,

Our mission is to organize the world's information, and that includes the thousands of programs that play on our TVs every day.

Meaning they are cataloging ever TV program, which is very nice idea but not to watch, some videos you can but they are not from the networks.

I am going to check this more out but I very much doubt it, at least for MITM.