Kraken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm

Now that this comunity has a member named Kracken... do you remember that monster in the opening of MitM, a giant monster that rises from sea?
That monster is from Clash of Titans, a quite old movie about Greek mythologic creatures.
In the movie, that monster was named Kraken... but the Kraken is not a Greek monster, but Norwegian!
And it was not like the monster we see in the MitM openings; actually, it was a kind of huge squid.

This is not very related to MitM but I thought it was interesting:eek:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Kraken is also mentioned in the "Atlantis" Book series. If you read my earliar post in the "Third Option" thread about freezing someone in a suspended state, this is the book I was talking about. Kraken are the monsters that attack the main character in a parallel dimension, they protect Earth Time Line 1, the evil one.

But those are the evil Kraken, not our MITM Kraken, so not to confuse you :D

Emrysgirl

yardgames said:
lol, I get confused anytime you start talking about your science fiction books.
I think that's just from hearing it second hand. That's always a problem for me (when I'm explaining). Some US shows run a few years behind in India (such as Friends, Seinfeld, Mad About You) and my friends always want updates when I go. And even though the plots are simple, I never know how to explain w/o them getting confused. This happens even more w/ anime. You miss one or two eps and you're lost.

Malcolm

J., were those Krakens from "Atlantis" like giant squids?

The Kraken from the MitM openings was probably the funniest part of the Clash of Titans movie because it was so absurd! It had not even a single adaptation to a marine lifestyle!! It was almost like a giant, scaly, hexapod King Kong! Does that sounds like a marine creature?:D

Emrysgirl

No. I meant that hearing stuff second hand (like you with J. science fiction books) is always confusing.

Then I gave an EXAMPLE. When I go to India, b/c some shows run a few years late, I give my friends updates and it's always confusing for both me and them. Like w/ you and J.'s books, hearing stuff second hand causes confusion.

MITM18

Here is a synopsis:

When Zeus' (Olivier) mortal son Perseus (Hamlin) falls in love with the imprisoned princess of a faraway land, the gods create a series of supernatural obstacles that Perseus must heroically overcome to win her hand.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
malcolm said:
J., were those Krakens from "Atlantis" like giant squids?
No, more like sea surpents with a few tenticles (like the monster from the Harry Potter 2nd book, (baslik(spelling)) and tenticles, these things had mouths on the outside, and eyes on the outside.

@yardgame & Emrysgirl- I'm sorry, it's hard to explain these sci-fi books to myself sometimes. I'll try to explain them better.

Emrysgirl

MITM18 said:
Here is a synopsis:

When Zeus' (Olivier) mortal son Perseus (Hamlin) falls in love with the imprisoned princess of a faraway land, the gods create a series of supernatural obstacles that Perseus must heroically overcome to win her hand.
What are you talking about?????

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I'm going to go ahead and close this thread because we seem to be done talking about this stuff and it's really just confusing everyone, myself included.

Status
Not open for further replies.