Malcolm in the Middle Movie / Film / Motion Picture

Malcolm

It is true that there is gonna be a movie about Malcolm in the Middle? If it is true, do you know anything about it?

Wemboy

Re: It is true?

I very much doubt it, can't see that the writers or actors would have anything to gain from making one. Frankie is trying to refocus his career around movies so it would just be one step forward, two steps back, if you get my drift. Also, they've done two-part eps. before, which are close to feature length anyway, so why make an actual movie? It seems season seven is going to be the last, so they'll concentrate on that, and then it's farewell MITM.

Malcolm

Season 7 is the last one??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
That´s the worst thing I've heard since they said Jurassic Park 4 was the last in the saga!

Why? Why? WHY?????:(

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Even after Malcolm's off the air, it's going to leave something engraved in all of us, after all if it weren't, we wouldn't be posting here. And it will leave its legacy on the world of TV production for a long time to come.

Malcolm

About the rumors of a MitM movie

I asked Bryan Cranston about that and he told me that they did talked about making a movie about MitM, but that they were now "the old guys in the block, so the talk died".

I think that's the best (I cant believe I said that), cause... how much can you say about MitM in a movie? It would be like an extended episode and thats all. But... they should make the last episode a very long one, dont you think?:D

Re: About the rumors of a MitM movie

hell yeah. malcolm has been on for 6 years, it has secured a place in our lives, it deserves a finale like all the great shows (friends, raymond, frasier)

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I tend to agree. Really, without commercials, the Reese Joins the Army miniseries (as I call it, encompassing Reese Joins the Army 1, Reese Joins the Army 2, and Reese Comes Home) is a bit more than an hour long, which is almost long enough to qualify it for movie status. That was darn creative on the writers' part, and I think that's as close as we'll ever come. That's probably a good thing, because a movie just couldn't do teh series justice. Especially at this point in its life.

J

JonAnd85

When i was searching for some Malcolm In The Middle information i found this article about Frankie Muniz, that he was one of the "Hottest stars under 25". (http://www.teenstarsonline.com/fmtptop25.html)

And if you look at the right column and some lines from the end, you can read: "There's also been talk of him starring in Malcolm in the Middle: The Movie.
I didn't know that they have actually talk about creating a MITM:The Movie.

But i think that they shouldn't do that because like "yardgames" said that some of the episodes is like i full movie. And it must be hard to do a movie from a tv show i think. But i don't really know, if they wan't to do a movie let them make one, and then i can make complains or just cheer for them.

Emrysgirl

@malcolm what do you mean talked to Bryan Cranston?

@malcolminthemiddlerox I don't know about Frasier, but the other two were ultra-sappy. I don't want the MitM one to be like that. Besides, Raymond was only 1/2 hr. I was very surprised by that.

@MITM18 I can imagine a FRIENDS movie b/c there is a steady plot line. MitM is more about individual eps.

MITM18

What about all the to be continued episodes?

And that hour long episode for the superbowl?

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I think she means, how does one go about talking to a celebrity like Bryan Cranston?

Malcolm

Well, Bryan Cranston is one of those celebrities that doesnt like to behave like one. He is a friendly guy and he likes talking to people. I was lucky I meet him. :)

MITM18

yardgames said:
I think she means, how does one go about talking to a celebrity like Bryan Cranston?
Well, you treat them like if they were any other person as they are.

I have done plenty of interviews with celebrities, and by acting like they are higher than you, it get on their nerves and you cant really even have a conversation.

You just have to relax.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Sounds like an interesting story. Do you meet a lot of celebrities living near LA?