Family Tree

admin

Retired Administrator
I though we could try and compile a family tree for the Wilkerson family -- so here is my thoughts so far...

Lois' Parents
Victor (Unknown Surname) (d.) m. Ida (Unknown Surname)

Victors' Other Family
Can't Remember the names

Hal' Parents
Unkown (Played by C. Lloyd) m. Unkown

Hal (Wilkerson) m. 1984? Lois (Unknown)

Francis (1984?) m. 200? Piama (Unknown)
Reese (1986) Malcolm (1987) Dewey (1994) Jamie (2003)

Its all guess work really - but if you remember Piama's or anyone elses maiden names or can calculate the times they got married. For example I calculated that Hal and Lois got married in around 1984 because Lois was heavily pregnant with Francis at the time.

Emrysgirl

But did they not end up getting married then? b/c in No Motorcycles, Hal says they've only been married 20 y, but Francis is 21.

Also, Lois' sister, can't remember her name. OR are we only talking about the immediate family? I think she'd still count.

ReMoss85

Reese was 18, or at least almost 18 during this season, and Malcolm was 15 last season (assuming he got his permit when he was 15). They could be two years apart. Probably 1 and a half years. And this is getting pretty picky, but Dewey was in first grade in the pilot which was January 2000, so his 6th birthday would've had to have been before the August 1999 cutoff. So he must have been born in 1993. So he must have been born no later than 1993. For a show that very rarely gives us any clue how old the characters are, it's amazing we can piece all this together. It's like one line every other season.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
Reese turned 18 during this (6th) season, and Malcolm turned 17 during this (6th) season.

And I think Francis and Piama got married early 2002, but it might have been late 2001.

Ryebeach

In Family Reunion, Hal's father's name was Walter.

In Victor's other Familly, the character played by Betty White was named Sylvia.

Randee15

Hello everyone! I'm new to MitM, and this is my first post on these forums. I hope it's well-received! :cool: My writing style is fairly formal, I warn you; I hope you guys don't mind that.

The family trees of TV characters is kind of a hobby of mine. I therefore make a point of noting family members... and I think I'll just jump in now, if you don't mind. I'll do them by familial sides:

Hal's Family Side:
Generation 1:
Unknown Wilkerson(1)
presumably married
Unknown woman
  1. Lucy Wilkerson(2) (dead)
  2. Felicia Wilkerson(2)
  3. Walter Wilkerson
Generation 2:
Walter Wilkerson
presumably married
Unknown woman(3)
  1. Claire Wilkerson
  2. Hal Wilkerson
  3. Pete Wilkerson(4)
Other Relatives in This Generation:

Pete(5)
Amelia(5)

Generation 3:
Claire Wilkerson
presumably married
Tom
  1. Trevor(6)
  2. Sammy(6)
Hal Wilkerson
married
Lois
  1. Francis Wilkerson
  2. Reese Wilkerson
  3. Malcolm Wilkerson(7)
  4. Dewey Wilkerson
  5. Jamie Wilkerson
Generation 4:
Francis Wilkerson
married
Piama Tananahaakna

Other Relatives:
Many other relatives of unstated relation, including several young children.(8)

Notes:
  1. Mentioned in as Malcolm and co.'s grandfather. He had the infamous sex-linked "Wilkerson gene", and therefore had ill-luck with women.
  2. These two women were mentioned as aunts to Hal; Lucy is mentioned in "Stilts", but I forget which episode Felicia was mention in (though I remember she gave a money gift to Jamie). I put them as sisters of Walter for simplicity; they could well be sisters of Hal's mother.
  3. Walter's wife didn't appear in "Family Reunion". This leads to the speculation that she's either dead or divorced/estranged from Walter.
  4. Pete is described as an uncle to Malcolm and co. This could mean that he's either a brother to Hal or a brother to Walter (or even a brother to Walter's father). But most people say "uncle" to mean a parent's sibling, so I put him as a brother to Hal. He was also afflicted with the "Wilkerson gene".
  5. Pete was called Hal's "cousin Pete" in "Family Reunion". "Cousin" can mean removed cousins too, but for simplicity I listed Cousin Pete as a first cousin. Amelia hung out around Pete, but we don't know her exact relation to the Wilkerson family.
  6. Trevor and Sammy weren't specifically said to be the sons of Claire and Tom in "Family Reunion"; I put them as such for simplicity. All that was specifically said was that they were grandchildren of Walter, and the only children of Walter explicitly present at the reunion were Claire and Hal.
  7. Malcolm was named after Randy Malcolm, a (fictional) famous NASCAR driver.
  8. These relatives appear in "Family Reunion". The kids especially loved Francis...
Lois's Maternal Family Side:
Generation 1:
Unknown man
presumably married
Unknown woman
  1. Vlad(1)
  2. Louie(2)
  3. Helen(3) (dead)
  4. Ida
Generation 2:
Helen
possibly married
Fred(4) (dead)

Ida
common-law married
Victor
  1. Susan
Ida
had a child with
Vlado Vidoski/Vidosky(5) (dead)
  1. Lois(6)
Ida
became engaged to
Mr. Li

Generation 3:
Lois
married
Hal Wilkerson
  • Five sons, detailed above
Susan
probably married
Larry(7)

Other Relatives:
Grandmother to Mr. Li
Rega(8)

Notes:
  1. Mentioned by Ida to Francis in "Ida Loses a Leg" as "Uncle Vlad", but it's slightly unclear whether Ida was referring to him as her uncle or Francis's uncle. In "Victor's Other Family", Ida says she had two brothers, so for simplicity I used Vlad to fill in one brotherly slot.
  2. Appeared in "Funeral", described by Malcolm as "Uncle Louie". Again, I'm using Louie to fill in one of Ida's brotherly slots.
  3. Subject of "Funeral".
  4. Mentioned in "Funeral" as deceased. I forget the specific words, but imo it was implied that he was Helen's husband.
  5. I wrote his name phonetically. Next time the episode's on, I'll make a note of how the CC spells his name. Ida, in using past tense while talking about him, implied he was dead.
  6. Lois has a middle name that is five letters long and starts with the same letter as her stepsister Roberta's middle name.
  7. Hal asked Susan, "So, how's Larry?" in "Lois's Sister". Hal's tone and the whole context implies Larry's Susan's husband.
  8. A female cousin of the family, mentioned by Ida to Francis in "Ida Loses a Leg". Again, Ida was a bit unclear as to whether Rega was her cousin or Francis's cousin; Rega can't be cousins to both, I believe, unless the family inbred. Ida described Rega as promiscuous.
Lois's Paternal Family Side:
Note: I'm using Victor's family here, not Vlado's, since Lois considers Victor to be her father. Also, Vlado's relations haven't been revealed. :p

Generation 1:
Unknown man
presumably married
Unknown woman
  1. Victor (dead)
  2. Vasclev(1)
  3. Mula(2)
Generation 2:
Victor
married
Sylvia
  1. Roberta
Victor
common-law married
Ida
  1. Lois (illegitimate)
Generation 3:
Roberta
possibly married
Unknown man(3)
  1. Scott
  2. Jerome
Lois
married
Hal Wilkerson
  • Five sons, detailed above
Notes:
  1. Mentioned by Ida in "The Grandparents", explicitly as a brother to Victor. Ida pronounced his name as Vaslev, but the CC spells his name as Vasclev.
  2. Mentioned in "Victor's Other Family". I spelled her name phonetically; next time the ep's on, I'll note the CC spelling.
  3. We only know that he exists because his children exist. Nothing was said about Roberta's marital status in "Victor's Other Family".
Piama's Family:
Generation 1:
Unknown man(1)
presumably married
Unknown woman
  1. Enoch Tananahaakna(2)
  2. Jake Tananahaakna(3)
Generation 2:
Enoch
married and divorced (when their child was 4 years old)
Unnamed woman(4)
  1. Piama Tananahaakna
Generation 3:
Piama
married at age 15 and subsequently divorced
Unnamed man(5)
  • No children
Piama
married
Francis Wilkerson

Other Relatives:
Various unnamed relatives, relations unspecified(5)

Notes:
  1. Piama has mentioned one of her grandfathers. For simplicity, I put that mentioned grandfather in the paternal line. The exact quote wherein he was mentioned: Piama: "The whole house used to be on the reservation, but my idiot grandfather built it on a glacier. It's been moving two inches a year ever since. In a hundred years, we'll have a nice view of the lake."
  2. His name was not spoken in dialogue. I missed the credits, but presumably his name appears there (or else in CC). He is a drunken womaniser who mainly visits his daughter for the purposes of obtaining money from her.
  3. Mentioned by Piama in "Hal's Birthday" simply as her uncle. For simplicity, I put him as Enoch's brother. He is wheelchair bound.
  4. Piama's mother is explicitly mentioned in dialogue, but is unnamed. After her divorce, she faked cancer to get out of getting custody of Piama.
  5. He is unnamed, but we know he was incarcerated for (an) unspecified crime(s) for five years. He is mentioned in "Hal's Birthday" and "Poker #2".
  6. We can hear these relatives fighting in "Christmas Trees", but no names are mentioned.
OK, I think that's everybody for now!

EDIT 1: Removed note that red text means a person's deceased, because obviously I ditched that concept.
EDIT 2: I forgot the note on Piama's grandfather.

Randee15

Well, FOX airs two different episodes a day on weekdays here, so I'm getting caught up pretty quickly. And for some episodes I, er... OK, I downloaded them. (Is that OK to mention? If it isn't, please tell me and I'll edit this post in the morning when I get up.)

I then put everything into a Legacy Family Tree (a genealogy program) file, just so I don't forget anything. I do have an uncanny memory for this sort of thing (my brain likes useless bits of trivia, apparently :p) though, and do remember the majority of it without having to look at the Legacy file.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
wow, I'm very impressed. good job. And Welcome to the Fourms. Why don't you post on the other theads, I think I see another up-and-coming member of the MITMVC.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Holy crap, that is absolutely AMAZING! After watching Victor's Other Family, that episode just confused me. Your tree, more than a year after the ep aired, finally made me understand that whole situation. That is definitely a work of art, congratulations. What a way to make your forum debut. I don't think we've ever had a first post like that before! Welcome. Enjoy your stay.

Randee15

Lol, thank you everyone! Wow, I thought my post might generate admiration, but I didn't think there would be this much of it. :D

Yardgames, I'm glad I alleviated your confusion! I got "Victor's Other Family" right away, but then I myself have a rather convoluted family, so maybe I'm just used to confusing relations.

I'll try and draw up a family tree later today (using GenoPro, another genealogy program... I'm not so talented that I actually hand-draw a family tree :p). That should make the family even clearer to some people.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Off the topic of my family tree, but still on-topic for this thread, I have a question for you guys: how many children do you think Malcolm and his brothers will/could have, if any?

I was wondering this when I was making up the family tree. Considering that Malcolm and co. come from a rather large family by today's standards, I wonder whether the boys would prefer to have just one or two kids... or would like to have a rambunctious houseful of four or five (or even more!) kids.

The only firm idea regarding this is that Francis and Piama should have three kids. I envision three daughters for some reason, but they don't all have to be girls.

Emrysgirl

Malcolm: 2 b/c of his quest for a perfect/normal family

Dewey: 1 (but, too early too say). He's the one that knows the downside of lots of siblings best. I'm thinking of the one ep where he imagines he's the only real (Francis is a robot) child left.

Reese: He really has to mature before I can think about that. At this point, none. If he had them, he wouldn't be able to handle them.

Francis: That's a tough one. In the ep where they find out Lois is pregnant, he expresses some strong feelings: 'You don't know what it's like...'. But he definately loves kids. I think he wants a large family though.

Also, he and Piama will have to work that out b/c she doesn't want kids.

Randee15

As promised, I present to you...

The Wilkerson Family Tree (now in graphical form!)

Now, I know the font's rather small. It's the only way I could get the image small enough to not totally kill slower computers, sorry. The weird patterns on the solid colours are due to the GIF format I had to use to get Photobucket to not reduce the picture's size (GIF format's smaller than BMP, of course, and Photobucket automatically resizes pics larger than 250KB).

I also admit Lois's side is hard to read at first, but it's the best I could do. Just remember that women always have spouses to their right, with their first spouse closest to them, while men always have spouses to their left, again with their first spouse closest to them. (The only exceptions to this rule are Claire and Tom and Francis and Piama.)

The little black boxes below the lines connecting spouses indicate the family had no children.

And, yes, I did forget Jerome's girlfriend the first time around. ;)

EDIT: Francis and Piama is an exception too! Heh.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Tsk, tsk, redo it and get rid of all those exceptions!

lol, just kidding. Excellent work. That really is amazing. Another project I've wanted to do but have never gotten around to. Seeing people's work on MITM projects is always spectacular. Well done, randee!