Things from the past that wern't a blast!

admin

Retired Administrator
Since the what you "DO NOT" want to see in Season 7 topic went very well. I thought I would start up a similar topic asking you guys, what things in episodes from the past did you feel were not a raging success or really wern't that find - perhaps even mildely offensive to you etc..

Here are a few I felt shouldn't have been in, or were in too much...

• Malcolm pucking inside the thanksigiving turkey. Personally I didn't find this very funny - and extremly odd/rude that anyone would feel the need to pick up a turkey and puke in it.
  • Reese walking down the catwalk at the end of the season 6 finale - Personally I didn't understand that particullary, the crying and everything - I felt that was out of place for a finale
  • Finally I felt that in Dewey's Opera, they spend a bit too much time on the "Hal-Lois" opera and really missed the chance to show the Busey's doing it.
Any other things, remember can be as trivial as mine, or more serious points. These don't offend me at all, I jusr felt that these made the episodes, less funny than they could have been! :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
admin said:
  • Malcolm pucking inside the thanksigiving turkey. Personally I didn't find this very funny - and extremly odd/rude that anyone would feel the need to pick up a turkey and puke in it.
That's one of my most favorite scenes and also episodes of season 5, i really love it.

admin said:
Reese walking down the catwalk at the end of the season 6 finale - Personally I didn't understand that particullary, the crying and everything - I felt that was out of place for a finale
Another scene i really liked.

But i agree with you concerning Dewey's opera...

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Maybe we're trying to be too negative? I can honestly not think of that much that annoys me. Maybe a minor mistake I notice during an episode, or something like that. But to be perfectly honest, I'm not really annoyed by much of anything in MITM. Wait, I take that back...ALLISON. I AM DEFINITELY ANNOYED BY ALLISON!

MITM-Fan

Dabney said:
[/list]That's one of my most favorite scenes and also episodes of season 5, i really love it.
yeah, feel the same about it...and I liked Malcolm complaining completely drunk. :D

Gouki

admin said:
Malcolm pucking inside the thanksigiving turkey. Personally I didn't find this very funny - and extremly odd/rude that anyone would feel the need to pick up a turkey and puke in it.
You've never gotten drunk to the point of throwing up? Much like when you reguarly throw up, you go for the nearest thing, the turkey was that.

MITM18

It wasnt really supposed to be the finale episode it was a change in the broadcasting scedule, Stilts is really the finale under Boomer's eyes.

ReMoss85

When Malcolm was ditching Medieval week to go to the psychiatrist, and Reese was grilling him and it seemed he was about find him out, he said "Wait a minute...I can smell my own breath." Stupid. Very inconsistent with the rest of the humor in the show in my opinion. I don't think it was nearly as creative as most of their jokes. Although somehow I have a feeling I'll be alone in this sentiment.

ReMoss85

MITM18 said:
I found that funny just showed that he couldnt stay focused.
I still think it's stupid. They could've shown that in a more creative way. Most importantly, it was predictable. It was pretty obvious that he wasn't going to figure out what Malcolm was doing. I don't know how they could've made it better, but anything would be better than the breath thing. I should lay off the writers. They're doing the best they can!

MITM18

They are writing for a fun comedy show which pertains to an audience that doesnt nitpick every detail and just enjoys it :D

ReMoss85

I only nitpick because that is what this thread is about - talking about things we don't like about the show. I honestly can't think of anything else from the show that bugs me though. So I do like the show. Really.

ReMoss85

The Reese thing. Not the show. You were supposed to say "No, of course not, why would you think such a thing?" and get all offended and then I would say "Yes yes, now it is I who is doing the kidding!" and then we would all share a laugh and have crumpets.

MITM18

Hmm, well I dont think that scene was the best way to go but its fine.

I feel that if I do nitpick to much, I ruin my enjoyment

ReMoss85

If you feel the need to nitpick, that must mean there's something wrong. And if you realize something's wrong, then you probably aren't enjoying it that much anyway. But for the record, I don't really like the term 'nitpick' for this situation. We were nitpicking with the Hal/robot thing in the other thread, but all I'm doing here is complaing that a joke wasn't funny enough. That personality problem is in a whole other category.

I'm offering you free crumpets here, you know.