Guest star recycling in 'Malcolm'

Richiepiep

Administrator
MITM is known for some guest stars playing multiple roles, popping up later on in totally different guises.

Here's the ones I found:

(three actors added September 1, 2009)
(two actors added September 8, 2009)

• Merrin Dungey played both Malcolm's teacher in the Pilot, and Stevie's mother Kitty Kenarban in later episodes.
  • Jennette McCurdy played both Daisy (Dewey as a girl) in episode "If Boys Were Girls", and a Busey misfit in "Buseys Take a Hostage".
  • Rheagan Wallace was the girl stuck with Reese in a car in "Reese Drives", and also Ida's 'Slavic' maid and Reese's 'wife' Raduca in "Bride Of Ida" and "College Recruiters".
  • Jack McGee appeared in Season 4-7 "Malcolm Holds His Tongue" as Malcolm's basketball coach. In "Reese's Apartment", he was the school's football coach. He also didn't believe Malcolm when he said he didn't mind gym, but in Season 4's episode, Malcolm made the basketball team which he was in charge of.
  • In "Reese's Apartment", Jonny Acker, playing Ira who Malcolm had to help with his college application essays, also appeared previously in two other episodes. Season 5-5 "Malcolm Films Reese" as a high school kid who spent his summer in theatre camp and Season 4-6 "Forbidden Girlfriend" as a tough high school jock.
  • "Forbidden Girlfriend"'s Nikki (Reagan Dale Neis) was also in "Evacuation" in a different role, as Cadet Eric's girlfriend Laura.
  • Leslie David Baker, best known as Stanley in The Office (US), played a cop in "Halloween Approximately", and a befuddled customer in "Stereo Store".
  • Patrick Bristow played both Philip, the leader of the murder mystery troupe at The Grotto in "Ida's Boyfriend" and Lloyd, Chad's father in "Chad's Sleepover". See picture.
  • Kevin Christy played both the nasal water park attendant in "Water Park" and the pizza delivery man in "Chad's Sleepover".
  • Scott Adsit was both the crazy attorney in "Houseboat" (getting Francis legally emancipated) and Joe, the Lucky Aide snitch in "Health Insurance".
  • (incorrect multiple role) And wasn't Gregory Jbara, Hal's all too brief "New Neighbor" friend, also the cop who tried to frame Lois in the episode "Traffic Ticket"? Okay, it looks like it was Sam McMurray who played the cop, but they are such lookalikes! Scratch that!
  • (incorrect multiple role) Andrew Reville played the janitor in "Malcolm Visits College", but another tall, goofy-looking actor called Jeremy Howard played the doofus shop assistant in "Stereo Store".

Anyone else?

Rich

Patrick Bristow:

Last edited:

Lozart

There was the guy who was pretty tall, I don't know his name.

He played the stupid worker in Stereo Store. He was also in malcolm goes to college as the mean guy who was one-upping lois.

Do you know who I'm talking about?

DragonFan31

I just noticed one today. The leader of the acting troupe for the mystery murder thing at the Grotto is also the dad of Chad the Busey in Chad's Sleepover. He's the red haired guy.

Also, I'm not sure of which episodes this is in, but I remember seeing Stanley from The Office in two of the episodes. He's a cop in one and I think he might be a guest at the Grotto in another.

But yes, I'm watching the whole show from beginning to end and keep noticing repeat actors.

flipfreak4

i'm pretty sure the kid who wanted to play go fish with Malcolm in 'Surgery' is the same kid who took his shoe in 'Evacuation'. I might be wrong but I think its the same one...tho he looks quite a bit older in Evacuation...

tedwilder

yeah and the fake " cousin " of malcolm when he meets the other part of victor's family is a real hotty too... oopss off topic :)

(jerome : Andrew James Allen )

Last edited:

tedwilder

i'm pretty sure the kid who wanted to play go fish with Malcolm in 'Surgery' is the same kid who took his shoe in 'Evacuation'. I might be wrong but I think its the same one...tho he looks quite a bit older in Evacuation...

no you'r right I noticed that too. they r the same.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Thanks to all of you, I will get these sorted out! I will add them to the list in a while. I just noticed that 'Forbidden Girlfriend' Nikki (Reagan Dale Neis) was also in Evacuation in a different role. Man, there's loads!

In the meantime, here's visual evidence of the two faces of Jennette McCurdy.

Screencaps by user "D-Dey" of Sitcomsonline site:

Last edited:

tedwilder

hello. this is not about re-use but I just realize that besides the nanny in water park ( which is I think my favourite scene in the whole 7 season) played by Bea arthur ( mrs white) who was known for being dorothy in the golden girls, my favourite "golden girls- Rose" is also on the episode " other victor's family " : Betty White.

Richiepiep

Administrator
hello. this is not about re-use but I just realize that besides the nanny in water park ( which is I think my favourite scene in the whole 7 season) played by Bea arthur ( mrs white) who was known for being dorothy in the golden girls, my favourite "golden girls- Rose" is also on the episode " other victor's family " : Betty White.

Yes, I noticed that too, and the scene with Bea Arthur is my favourite too!

Bryan Cranston (Hal) and Jason Alexander (chess genius in Future Malcolm) similarly both came out of Seinfeld. Kenneth Mars (Otto) and Cloris Leachman (Ida) co-starred in Mel Brooks' movie Young Frankenstein.

The list is ... endless? ;)

Rich