What if MITM kept going on like 'The Simpsons' ?

MITM_Fan

How would it be?

IMO it could get just like the case of The Simpsons, stupidity (season 20th ended and hopefully it never comes back a new season).

Simpsons were on air for more than 20 years. It had to have an end, for gods sake... Just checked FOX's site and season 21 comes in Sept, please FOX let The Simpsons out of this nonsense, it's basically just making money.:cursing:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Although Malcolm is often compared to The Simpsons as the "Life Action" version, it does differ in many ways.

The Simpsons never age, can't really do that with actors. The show had to progress as the kids grew up. As Malcolm left for college the show would have had to change dramatically.

So if MITM had done a season 8 in 2007 and season 9 in 2008 and a season 10 in 2009, what would have happened? Well assuming we don't shift focus away from Malcolm (Its been suggested the show could continue with Dewey as the focus) we would have to have the major plots for season 8/9/10 happening in college. A new set of Krelboyne type friends for Malcolm. This would essentially mean we would need new lead type characters for Malcolm to interact with. We could then have sub plots at home with Dewey/Hal/Lois/Jamie/Reese but it would hard to have Francis in a 3rd location.

One more drastic but probably better idea is that Malcolm can't afford to live on campus, so the family decide to move home so Frankie can live at home, so the family dynamic would continue. However this of coruse would mean a complete set overhaul. But it would be an interesting fresh start.

MalcolmFun

I suggested before that the solution to another season would be that Malcolm and Francis essentially switch roles. Think about Francis calling home endlessly from Marlin Academy in season 1-2.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I suggested before that the solution to another season would be that Malcolm and Francis essentially switch roles. Think about Francis calling home endlessly from Marlin Academy in season 1-2.

Good idea! Malcolm endlessly calling for more money and support etc., coupled with Dewey being the focus at home. I assume that Reese would fail at living with Craig or on his own, so he would be trying to use his parents' home as a base again. This would essentially mean saying goodbye to Francis, because of the number of locations you can cram into 20 minutes, as TJ said. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, except for the odd family gathering.

The biggest trouble would be coming up with fresh plots, because with both Dewey and Jamie being mischievous and hard to handle (as indicated in the last episodes of S7), Dewey being a bit of a musical prodigy, and a new baby on the way, the family dynamic wouldn't change fundamentally from previous seasons.

Rich

leftyhero2

What do you suppose would of happened if MITM kept airing?

I'm really curious to see what other people would think if MITM kept going on for another year or so. Any ideas?:)

Jayhost

One more drastic but probably better idea is that Malcolm can't afford to live on campus, so the family decide to move home so Frankie can live at home, so the family dynamic would continue. However this of coruse would mean a complete set overhaul. But it would be an interesting fresh start.

i really like this idea!! i would hate not to see Malcolm as much. plus, Dewey as the main focus wouldn't do it for me that much, lol. Reese would still be living with Craig *i assume* so i hope he would come by often or gets fed up with him and moves back in.

call me boring or naive but i wouldn't want things to change so much:blushing:

flipfreak4

Even just a couple of 'Specials' a year'd do me. I know we're just wishful thinking here, but the chances of getting the whole cast together for 20 eps a year just doesn't seem very likely to me. And it would suck if only one main character wasn't around, even if it could be explained away by the others. They work too well together.