Localized 'Malcolm' for British viewers who don't understand American accents!

Richiepiep

Administrator
MITM adapted for the little Brits, courtesy of Scholastic Publishers.

Man, talk about weird, this is outrageous!

Audio:

Krelboyne Picnic British audio version

Hilarious! Not to mention 'Linwood Bloomer'! Bloomin' 'ell!

I guess we should 'localize' this too (i.e. save this locally) as a genuine curio before it goes away!

Rich

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
OMG! Its hysterical. Scholastic Publishers do some weird stuff. This is the weirdest, so badly acted.

They say kilometre, people still say miles. "Bloomer" is such a bad mistake. Stevie is unbelievable. Also its doesn't really hold together as a story without knowing the episode.

I so totally have to dub this over the video.

MITM_Fan

This shit is so annoying don't know how I've listened for 4mins.:cursing: Maybe I was hoping it would get better but didn't happen.

It isn't funny making fun of accents.

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
This shit is so annoying don't know how I've listened for 4mins.:cursing: Maybe I was hoping it would get better but didn't happen.

It isn't funny making fun of accents.

I hope you don't mean I was making fun of accents. I love British accents, having lived in the UK. It was just extremely weird how on earth publishers could conceive of turning MITM into an educational program by having voice 'actors' pretend it is a British series.

I reckon kids or second language learners watch the TV show first, and then .... have to do listening exercises with the British audio?! The mind boggles.

Rich