[Question] IRC?

MITM_Fan

I dunno if this forum has a channel at IRC, I'd be helpful simply if users wanted the episodes I'd send them at a speed of 180kb's.:p

AlexTheMartian

if they are the same files that are available for download via torrent, etc, then you can just make sure the file names match and that they are the same file size (meaning they are the same files) as the ones in the torrent, and then make sure the directory structure matches that of the torrent, and then you can start seeding the torrent, or at least become a peer for the parts of the torrent you do have which means people can still download from you.

This way, you are sharing the files like you wanted, but people will also download it faster because other people will be doing the same thing.

MITM_Fan

if they are the same files that are available for download via torrent, etc, then you can just make sure the file names match and that they are the same file size (meaning they are the same files) as the ones in the torrent, and then make sure the directory structure matches that of the torrent, and then you can start seeding the torrent, or at least become a peer for the parts of the torrent you do have which means people can still download from you.

This way, you are sharing the files like you wanted, but people will also download it faster because other people will be doing the same thing.

The file names are the proper ones e.g. Malcolm.In.The.Middle.S07E10.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi not Season 7 Episode 10.avi

It's much better via mIRC.:cool:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the offer MITM_Fan.

There hasn't been much call for "chat" and the fact that it would probs only get limited use, its not high up on my list of things to do.

90% of people won't have any idea how to use IRC. But we could also use a web based client like http://mibbit.com/. However you can't tranfer over web based cleints.

However I just started:

irc.efnet.com #mitmvc

So if you go there MITM_Fan you can transfer to anyone who is interested. And to anyone who knows how to use IRC, and is interested in downloading episodes, go check it out.

If people are really keen on getting a chat room/IRC do say and we can make thing more permeant.