Check this out MITM in 720P Screencaps

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Nice. They did at the time, but they never spread. There wasn't as much demand back in 2005/6.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Hm, the guys on this forum (very few, if any girl posters there) seem to have rather dominant fascinations :p. On the other hand, the screen shots look really great! They look like very welcome additions to our screen caps gallery, so I'll go trawling around there for a while. Thanks!

It's also great to have a different perspective from the many Malcolm (i.e. Frankie)-centred caps, or at least those focusing on the boy actors of MITM. It's understandable that they were the teen idols of the day, but this show was made as much by Jane, Bryan and the truly great guest stars, old and young, and it's good to shift the perspective acknowledging that feature.

These shots also remind me how grainy some earlier episodes of MITM look, especially the ones on DVD. These were one of the first DVDs I bought, and at the time, I thought they were the bee's knees, but now I find it hard coping with the very speckled look. Sounds like I shouldn't go for Blu-ray too soon. Just goes to show how easily one gets pampered ;).

Rich

Last edited:

AlexTheMartian

I don't get why people are fascinated by a girl that was dressed up to look un-attractive in that role. and that has nothing to do with how Hayden Panettiere looks now. Just my opinion.

The older I get, the least attractive anyone on MITM seems to me, lol. Let's face it, the show was for its comedy, not its hot guests/stars

and yes, I'll admit it, when I look back, neither frankie muniz or justin berfield seem attractive either. I am still huge fans of those 2, I just don't view them on the same level of many teen idols

it seems to me just about any child actor that is not overweight somehow becomes a teen idol. it is ridiculous.

am I being too harsh? :eek:

Richiepiep

Administrator
I don't get why people are fascinated by a girl that was dressed up to look un-attractive in that role. and that has nothing to do with how Hayden Panettiere looks now. Just my opinion.

I just made that comment because the most of the rest of that site was filled with comments about boobies and lusty looks ;) Jane Kaczmarek is discussed on that forum too, but only in the 'MILF' category. How I hate this term, even to write it down. :blushing: Perculiar fascinations indeed.

But it's true, look at Tania Raymonde (Cynthia), who later on looked quite stunning in Lost, and was made to look extremely unattractive in MITM. On the other hand, most of Malcolm's on-off girlfriends looked quite pretty, an many viewers complained that they were too winsome for Frankie! All in all I guess, it's quite a gamble that MITM was not about teen stars seen in the usual romanticized light at all, in fact often went for the ugly angle, as you say.

it seems to me just about any child actor that is not overweight somehow becomes a teen idol. it is ridiculous.

Yes, they are quite aggressively marketed that way, and the hypes even work most of the time. The promotion machine got in full swing for kids like the Olsen and Sprouse twins, not to mention Jonas Bros and Naked Brothers Band, and I wonder how kids can watch that or listen to that with a straight face and even fall for it. While Frankie and co. did some truly wonderful acting, and these shows actually made some points. Draw your own conclusions!

Or did I just offend anyone? ;)

Rich

MalcolmFun

All those shows and teen idols were from shows geared towards like Disney or Nick or MTV. Despite having teen stars I think Malcolm almost completely escaped this. The thing is that Frankie and to some extent Justin did other things like go on TRL, Punked or went on Disney or Nick channel. I think that is the only thing that bumped them into that category for a time, not Malcolm the show, at all. Imagine if Frankie never had appeared on that stuff and just did Malcolm and a few movies. His fame would be a whole lot less, because lets face it, fame is based more on that fluff then what actual acting they do.

<object width="480" height="430"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/onn_embed/embedded_player.swf?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theonion.com%2Fcontent%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2FDISNEY_LAB_article.jpg&videoid=86547&title=Disney%20Lab%20Unveils%20Its%20Latest%20Line%20Of%20Genetically%20Engineered%20Child%20Stars" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed src="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/onn_embed/embedded_player.swf"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="430"flashvars="image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theonion.com%2Fcontent%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2FDISNEY_LAB_article.jpg&videoid=86547&title=Disney%20Lab%20Unveils%20Its%20Latest%20Line%20Of%20Genetically%20Engineered%20Child%20Stars"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.theonion.com/content/video/disney_lab_unveils_its_latest?utm_source=videoembed">Disney Lab Unveils Its Latest Line Of Genetically Engineered Child Stars</a>

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
What a genius video. However Efron is perfect I won't hear a word otherwise :p

Richiepiep

Administrator
All those shows and teen idols were from shows geared towards like Disney or Nick or MTV. Despite having teen stars I think Malcolm almost completely escaped this.

Yes, I guess I carefully avoided the word 'Disney' when I wrote these observations :p Actually, there was a time, till about the early Seventies, when Disney consistently set the standard for artistic and technical innovation, but these days seem long gone now ... unless one counts mass idol production as a technical innovation :p

The Onion skit is brilliant by the way! I actually thought that this Mitchell Muso or whatever his name is was a parody, until I realized he really acts like this! Aargh! I thought this more than a tad emphatic style of performance went out of fashion when vaudeville and music hall went out of business, but apparently not. He should be in Christmas pantos!

It also reminded me how Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and 'N Sync were already engineered by Disney more than a decade ago .... what's new.

On the other hand, I remember that some Dutch reviews for even something as geared to the teen market as 'Agent Cody Banks' noted how Frankie Muniz was a very energetic performer who didn't look and act like a cookie cutter teen idol, and actually like a normal person! I thought this was the pinnacle of praise in such a context! ;)

Yes, I quite like our Frankie, with his tiny, uneven ears and all that. He's just so .... human?! No, I really do!

Rich

Lparsons7981

Yes, I guess I carefully avoided the word 'Disney' when I wrote these observations :p Actually, there was a time, till about the early Seventies, when Disney consistently set the standard for artistic and technical innovation, but these days seem long gone now ... unless one counts mass idol production as a technical innovation :p

The Onion skit is brilliant by the way! I actually thought that this Mitchell Muso or whatever his name is was a parody, until I realized he really acts like this! Aargh! I thought this more than a tad emphatic style of performance went out of fashion when vaudeville and music hall went out of business, but apparently not. He should be in Christmas pantos!

It also reminded me how Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and 'N Sync were already engineered by Disney more than a decade ago .... what's new.

On the other hand, I remember that some Dutch reviews for even something as geared to the teen market as 'Agent Cody Banks' noted how Frankie Muniz was a very energetic performer who didn't look and act like a cookie cutter teen idol, and actually like a normal person! I thought this was the pinnacle of praise in such a context! ;)

Yes, I quite like our Frankie, with his tiny, uneven ears and all that. He's just so .... human?! No, I really do!

Rich

Disney was a great company, and still does some good things. Some of their 90s movies were very good, and Pixar...........man do they make great stuff, Wall-E?! Great film, not just a great cartoon.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Disney was a great company, and still does some good things. Some of their 90s movies were very good, and Pixar...........man do they make great stuff, Wall-E?! Great film, not just a great cartoon.

I deliberately overgeneralized to make a point. Yes, Pixar is great, but they came up with all the technical innovations and creative talent before they were taken over by Disney. Disney knew they needed that sort of impetus to regain that cutting edge.

Rich

Lparsons7981

I deliberately overgeneralized to make a point. Yes, Pixar is great, but they came up with all the technical innovations and creative talent before they were taken over by Disney. Disney knew they needed that sort of impetus to regain that cutting edge.

Rich

I agree with you :) I also agree that disney hasn't done a lot lately of substance, (then again I'm not exactly the target market for the teen-heartthrob stars they are pumping out lately):rolleyes:

I agree with the the bit you said about being "normal" I feel bad for a lot of child stars, as I don' think a lot of them really truly enjoy what they are doing, or really wanted to do it in the first place (their parents pull the strings)

AlexTheMartian

yeah.. the movies, the music, and the TV network might be so-so.. but go to Disney World and Disneyland, and you will remember how great a company they are :D

But both of those been around for decades, so that doesn't represent the current Disney, lol.

Disney = great inventors and artists, but greedy executives. I know many great animators that had a nightmare working at Disney.

Lparsons7981

yeah.. the movies, the music, and the TV network might be so-so.. but go to Disney World and Disneyland, and you will remember how great a company they are :D

But both of those been around for decades, so that doesn't represent the current Disney, lol.

Disney = great inventors and artists, but greedy executives. I know many great animators that had a nightmare working at Disney.

Never been to Disneyworld/Land, I'll have to someday. I know some kids that worked at Disneyworld for a semester for the "Disney college program" horrible way to spend a semester most of them said, strict housing rules, long, strange inconsistent hours (often 60 hours a week at times) doing menial work. The classes, seminars and internships were decent, but not worth the semester missed of real courses.

AlexTheMartian

Yeah I have a teacher in my animation classes that went through that when he was younger, and eventually actually got a job at Dinsey, but only last a couple of weeks before he got fired for correcting a producer/director, and he hated the whole time he was there I think, lol

But that has nothing to do with the theme park, that is still good (maybe not to work at, but at least to visit as a tourist, lol)

Lparsons7981

Yeah I have a teacher in my animation classes that went through that when he was younger, and eventually actually got a job at Dinsey, but only last a couple of weeks before he got fired for correcting a producer/director, and he hated the whole time he was there I think, lol

But that has nothing to do with the theme park, that is still good (maybe not to work at, but at least to visit as a tourist, lol)

I want to go just for Epcot to be honest, that looks like a really cool place imo. :)