Anyone else hate watching Houseboat with their family?

Uncomfortable

Sigh... every time we're watching TV, I'm dreading that the episode of Malcolm in the Middle to air will be Houseboat. It's the episode where they go on a vacation, and there's a cheerleader camp...

I'm not complaining about the girls, but damn it. :cursing:

It was probably the intention of the creators... lol.

Seosamh

Yeah i never saw that episode with my family

But there was a episode on the other day i think it was the thanksgiving episode, where malcolm drunk with a girl that wants to have sex with him. my lil sister was watching LOL

Richiepiep

Administrator
Yeah i never saw that episode with my family
But there was a episode on the other day i think it was the thanksgiving episode, where malcolm drunk with a girl that wants to have sex with him. my lil sister was watching LOL

This reminds me of another thing. I've only watched MITM with friends, who mostly liked it, but at least here in Holland (though I highly doubt it was like that over here exclusively), MITM was programmed and perceived as children or family entertainment! I think this led to a lot of misunderstanding, criticism and generally lukewarm reviews and low ratings.

I've read blogs where people thought this was like Lizzie McGuire, Heartbreak High, Hannah Montana or Full House! They only started appreciating and ultimately loving it when it was getting shown on Comedy Central at later hours (about 9:30 pm or even around 10 pm). At least Comedy Central explicitly stated that it is a channel aimed at adults, not even teens (that's why MITM is often shown in sequence with South Park, 30 Rock or The Office), and so, finally, I think MITM has ended up where it belongs. Justice at long last!

Rich

MalcolmFun

Ya, Ive mentioned this before. In the U.S. Even though it was successful, Fox still blew the marketing and scheduling back in the day. Look even at the way FX airs it now. It simply isn't on at a time when working adults would see it, ever. It airs for kids home from school directly against reruns of Saved by the Bell on other cable channels, and I think that is how they see it.

It makes you wonder how they can market it like this but then there are a few episodes that have a parental advisory on them!

Local stations seem to have discretion on when they air things in syndication. At one time it was on locally here vs the Tonight show and Late show and obviously did well in that slot since it stayed there for many years

houseboat

And it has a pretty adult humor, that you wouldn't understand if you are a kid.
It's like watching The Simpsons: they where somehow funny when you where a child, but now that you watch it again, you understand a lot of jokes and references that you didn't see it before.