Some Malcolm multimedia (including songs)

Richiepiep

Administrator
Hi all,

I just put up my web page celebrating MITM's rerun on Comedy Central again, so please take a look and feel free to lay your hands on whatever multimedia you like! Don't be put off by a residue of Dutchness.....

I was a They Might Be Giants fan long before Malcolm was even conceived, I received their (snail mail!) newsletters for instance, so that's how it all started. Just to prove it, here are some scans of the original "Why Does The Sun Shine" single, which was used in the MITM episode "Malcolm Babysits" - not the punky, live or semi-live rendition heard on the Malcolm France website. Excusez-moi. Sans penser à mal. :D

Music buffs will recognize Joe Jackson stalwart Graham Maby on bass, and Klezmatics trumpeter Frank London. Movie buffs will recognize (or most likely won't) an extreme close-up of Sally Jane Bruce as Pearl in the cult movie "Night Of The Hunter" (1955).

So here's my web page:

[discontinued. The Malcolm France site has now the original song: http://jukebox.malcolm-france.com/]

You're welcome!

Rich

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
I became a Brave Combo fan after They Might Be Giants cited them as an influence. Some years later, I wrote a review of Hanson's CD for a rock magazine. If I hadn't known about They Might Be Giants or Hanson, I guess I might never have become a MITM fan or even heard about the series! It's only after a caught a glimpse of MITM though and thought "wow, this really different from your well-worn Married With Children or The Nanny" that I made the connection. So perhaps I would have continued watching MITM even without the TMBG or Hanson connection. Somehow, it all came together that way......

Positive reinforcement is how a psychologist would call it I guess. Astrologers might take a different view ;)

Rich