Expectations of Season 7

admin

Retired Administrator
What well you be expecting from this, perhaps, final season of MITM.

Storylines you would like to see wrapped up, places you want people to go etc.

I hope that MITM can end on a high note, although the last season was drab, perhaps the writers can come together and give us a last season to remember.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
First of all, I need to argue your point that season six was drab. For me, season five was drab, and season six was much better. I like to think we're going up again, and S5 was the low point; we're gonna see some great episodes in season seven.

I would really like to see more of Francis in S7; at the very least, an explanation fo what is going on in his life. Something AMAZING needs to happen to Malcolm, although I'm not sure if it should be amazingly good or amazingly bad; and we need a few Hal/Dewey storylines and a couple Hal obsession storylines. Those are always laugh-out-loud funny.

MITM-Fan

yardgames said:
First of all, I need to argue your point that season six was drab. For me, season five was drab, and season six was much better. I like to think we're going up again, and S5 was the low point; we're gonna see some great episodes in season seven.
I share your thought...season 5 wasn't bad at all but it was the low point of the show. Season 6 is much better and the best since season 2.

:cool:

admin

Retired Administrator
I really can't agree that Season 6 was the best since Season 2, I really enjoyed Season 3 and 4, although I can agree that season 5 was pretty drab, I actually felt that season 6 was equally drab. Compared to Malcolm in the Middle this is.

MITM-Fan

If I had to make up a rank list it would probably look like that:

1) S 2
2) S 6
3) S 3
4) S 1 (it's very hard for me to put this season so far back because it has a lot of classics)
5) S 4
6) S 5

just for your information :D:p

:cool:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I really am surprised sesaon 1 is so far down on your list. I think mine would go more like:

S1
S4
S2
S6
S3
S5

admin

Retired Administrator
Personally it would be

S1
S2
S3

S4

S5
S6

Well thats pretty much cronological order! :D
I felt there was a small drop in quality between 3 and 4 and a huge drop in quality between 4 and 5. 5 and 6 have been equal in my books.

For season 7 I'd like to see more storylines with Francis and some storylines with just the 4 boys and a couple Hal ones. I'd like to see Malcolm end with a good ending note.

admin

Retired Administrator
ultimatemalcolmfan said:
For season 7 I'd like to see more storylines with Francis and some storylines with just the 4 boys and a couple Hal ones. I'd like to see Malcolm end with a good ending note.
Yeah, I missed Francis from Season 6, even if he is not with the family without some zanny Francis subplot the episodes just don't seem complete.

Its about time they let something go right for Malcolm all last season it was just negative stories about Malcolm.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
ultimatemalcolmfan said:
I'd like to see Malcolm end with a good ending note.
I think we would all like that.
I would have to rate the seasons:
S1
S2
S4
S6
S3
S5
I think season 3 was more a turning point in the MITM show, the boys were teens, and dewey was smarter then some teens. I think it was more of a transition stage then a season. Maybe Season 5 was like that too. That is probably why they are the two bottom on my list.

allison

yardgames said:
and we need a few Hal/Dewey storylines and a couple Hal obsession storylines. Those are always laugh-out-loud funny.
That´s interesting. It´s the exact opposite of what I think. I liked season 6 pretty much, the only thing I didn´t like about it was the fact that Hal went often too crazy and since Dewey changed I also didn´t really enjoy most of his storylines.
Someone said Malcolm´s plots this season were just too negative. I think that´s true. In my opinion the show should focus more on him and Reese, again. I really have to say that my favourite episodes from this season were mainly the ones which featured the boys (Billboard, Pearl harbour, Stlits...) or the family as a whole (Hal´s Christmas gift).
I can imagine there are going to be some changes in season 7. Maybe the show will focus on Jamie (though I wouldn´t find that really great) and he starts talking. I also think that one of the boys will have a girlfriend (though I didn´t find these storylines that great, either) and maybe we´ll finally get to know what Hal does for living.
With Linwood Boomer (kind of) leaving I hope the show won´t go downhill, but I don´t think it will. ;)

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I want to see more Francis again. We didn't see him much this season because he didn't have a plot line at all. Give the boy a job!

I want to see more episodes where all the separate plots come together. There were too many this season where the separate plots didn't interact with each other in any way; they could have been in separate episodes and it wouldn't have mattered.

Mostly, I want to see what is going to happen to Reese and Malcolm. They are both getting to the time in their lives where they make big changes, move out etc. I want them to be pointed in some sort of direction when the show ends, other wise I'll worry about them!:(

admin

Retired Administrator
I think It would be really funny if they sent Malcolm and Reese off to the same college.

Busey's Take a Hostage or whatver episode where Reese got EVERY answer wrong, clearly show that he is clever, and can do it. Why he decided to get everyone answer wrong instead of right -- well only Reese knows that!

It would be hilarious, but totally mean on Malcolm if Reese got to go to the top university as well as him, or even more mean, Reese gets into Harvard and Malcolm doesnt :D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Have Malcolm and Reese both finished High School now? Season 7 will be Dewey's last year of Junior High (I think).

I think it would be interesting having a subplot (even if just one episode) of Jamie in a pre-school, causing trouble (like he did at the day care centre he got a lifetime ban from this season).

And they should make better use of Francis too, or if not, at least actually explain his absence, or in random episodes have him call home or something.

MITM18

I am expecting a more mature Dewey plot in Season 7, he is going to be 13 going onto 14.

So I expect maybe a girlfriend plot or a much more mature plot then what we usually see him in.

Another job change for Francis and maybe even an episode where Piama thinks Francis is having an affair but is doing something completly different.

Maybe another park episode that consists of a roller coaster.

And a great ending episode

admin

Retired Administrator
MITM18 said:
I am expecting a more mature Dewey plot in Season 7, he is going to be 13 going onto 14.

So I expect maybe a girlfriend plot or a much more mature plot then what we usually see him in.

Another job change for Francis and maybe even an episode where Piama thinks Francis is having an affair but is doing something completly different.

Maybe another park episode that consists of a roaller coaster.

And a great ending episode
Yeah thats the most important thing I want next season, at the very least I want the last episode to end on a high, I want it to be the "Stilts" of Season 6, I don't want to see the last episode of MITM and think... "Well I've Seen Better" It needs to be really really outstanding, bring back some of the Malcolm originality of the previous seasons.

I wonder if this season we could possibly see Piama get pregnant, and Francis have a child, that could be an interesting finale! I thought it would have last season after something about birth control pills was said in the Season5 finale, but it never amounted to anything.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Amigo22 said:
Have Malcolm and Reese both finished High School now? Season 7 will be Dewey's last year of Junior High (I think).

I think it would be interesting having a subplot (even if just one episode) of Jamie in a pre-school, causing trouble (like he did at the day care centre he got a lifetime ban from this season).

And they should make better use of Francis too, or if not, at least actually explain his absence, or in random episodes have him call home or something.
Reese was a senior this year (S6); he should have graduated, but failed all his final exams, so he needs to retake his entire senior year. Malcolm is a senior in the 7th season, and Dewey will be in 7th grade (we found out he was in first grade in the Pilot).

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I agree wtih David and MITM18. I can't imagine Dewey with a girlfriend, that would be an entertaining episode.

To David's thoughts, the finale has to be fantastic. Ms. Tri-County was just plain underwhelming. I really want to see something PERFECT for the finale; something that means MITM will never be forgotten.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
yardgames said:
Reese was a senior this year (S6); he should have graduated, but failed all his final exams, so he needs to retake his entire senior year. Malcolm is a senior in the 7th season, and Dewey will be in 7th grade (we found out he was in first grade in the Pilot).
Thanks for the info, I've yet to see from No Motorcycles onwards.

I also can't imagine Dewey with a girlfriend. It will be interesting to see what episodes they come up with for the last season.

admin

Retired Administrator
Dewey with a girlfriend, would be hilarious - he still stikes you as very childish though, so he will really have to mature to get one.

I still feel that he is not quite as mature as the Malcolm of Season 1 in terms of age, yet he should be there about now, shouldn't he? :D