Most Disappointing Episode of MITM

admin

Retired Administrator
Which episode were you really building up for, perhaps too much, only to find it really wasn't what you were expecting.

I have to say that throughout season 6 many of the episodes fell into this catergory for me. Busey's Take a Hostage especially and Dewey's Opera, I felt in both these episodes the "Busey's" were under used. I really wanted to see Hanson peform the Opera, and I really expeced something more of Busey's Take a Hostage.

Any thoughouts...

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It's an interesting question indeed. It happens more with the current seasons than with the older ones, doesn't it? The furthest back I could go is "Forbidden Girl" in season 4. Other than that, Thanksgiving, Lois' Sister, Victor's OTher Family, Standee, Malcolm's Car, Billboard, and No Motorcycles were all disappointing eps to me.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I dont like thinking bout it really. i mean i would says there where'nt any bad mitm episodes ever!

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I don't really think about the episodes too much before they air, but Mis Tri-County was a let down for me. I still liked it, but when I read the summary I thought it was going to be different than it was.

"Unbeknownst to Lois, the boys enter her in the Mrs. Tri-County Pageant as a joke. When they overhear the other contestants remarking that Lois doesn't have a chance of winning, they plot to help their mother take the crown."

When I read this I imagined the episode being about all the boys working together, cooking up some sort of plan to help out their mom, but it wasn't like that at all.

allison

I don´t think there´s a really bad episode, but some I didn´t like as much as the other ones were:

-Dirty magazine
-Dewey´s opera
-Buseys runaway (´probably because I don´t like the Buseys, but that episode was dull in my opinion)
-Lois´sister
-Standee
-Kicked out
-Ida´s dance

(Wow, there are actually quite a lot. :D But as I said, I just didn´t like them as much as the other ones)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Agreed. The lowest I have ever rated an episode is 3 stars, which is still pretty darn good. (with the sole exceptions of Houseboat and Stupid Girl--2 stars)

MITM-Fan

allison said:
-Dewey´s opera
I can't agree on this one...I think it was a great episode. A little crazy but I liked the idea. What I didn't like were episodes like Clip Show or similar which only showed best of scenes from the show. Though nice to see some highligts but it didn't bring the show any further and I would have chosen some different scenes. :D

:cool:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I was hoping in Dewey's Opera that something other then a dream would be the opera. But there are not many episodes that I didn't like, Thanksgiving was one of them. That just wasn't Malcolm to me. I liked the Reese plot though. House could have had some help, it as a little weak in the whole... it was boring for me. But I liked just about every other episode then these mentioned above.

Most of the episodes you mentioned were really good but some of the ones that I thought were disappointing were Dirty Magazine, No Motorcycles, Busey's Take a Hosatge, Lois's Birhday, and Academic Octathalon. And I'm sure there are a few others. These are my main ones for right now.

allison

ultimatemalcolmfan said:
Lois's Birhday.
Wow, what didn´t you like about that episode? It´s one of my absolutely favourites. But of course it´s a matter of taste. ;) I just thought it had a great ending, because they found a way to show that Lois realized she is liked by her family without making the episode cheesy. One of the greatest scenes ever in my opinion was the clown fight at the end. It was so unexpected, hilarious and maybe even touching because of Lois´ look on her face.

I guess it´s the same thing with opera. I know most people really liked it and it sure was an original idea, but I just didn´t like it so much. I don´t know why.

admin

Retired Administrator
MITM-Fan said:
Yeah, total brilliant ending. "Did you just call my wife "wide ride" ?" :D

:cool:
lol, that was a fantastic ending! Especially the slow mo fight with the soppy music!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
:D yeah i love that ending. :Clown: = :Bomb: :Bomb:
That reminds me of a quick scene of Invader ZIM(A show that was canceled a long time ago.

ZIM is asking for supplies from his leaders (the Almighty Tallest) and his retarded robot G.I.R. is asking for a sack of taquitos, after relizing that his is not going to get them he wants a headless clown. and stats screaming "headless clown, headless clown" Then he asks "how 'bout clown taquitos?"
The episode was called "Hobo 13".

see what happens when I think of clowns? that is what happens, up there in that last paragragh, yeah, Invader ZIM is disturbing like that.

But i guess that is slightly off topic so i'll bring it back now

@ultimatemalcolmfan- Academic Octathalon is one of my favorites, i guess it was because of Malcolm and in a way he was doing the right thing letting everyone cheat.

cadmiumgold

I didn't like 'Stero Store' and I was dissapointed that they didn't use any of the Krelboynes in 'Morp' and some of the later episodes.

Academic Octathalon let me down. I liked Malcolm's half of the episode, but the half with Hal trying to exterminate the ants got on my nerves. I didn't like how every scene with Hal and Dewey was from the point of view of an ant. It seemed to me like they were trying too hard to put a spin on the show by having a gimmick like the ant-camera. It was as if they didn't think having separate story lines for each member of the family every episode was as interesting as it used to be. I also really disliked how Dewey was acting like such a baby and telling Hal he didn't love him anymore because Hal wouldn't give him piggy-back rides to bed.

MITM_Fan

Well for me it's pretty obvious.

S07E22 - Graduation

This episode was just too fast, basically filmed in a rush without making really any sense, very badly done this episode, that was.

That's the only episode that's crappy from MITM.